F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL with Foxconn A7DA settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL with Foxconn A7DA settings

I recently built a new computer using F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL ram, 4 gigs worth, with the Foxconn A7DA 3.0 motherboard and Windows 7 64 bit. I've been having issues with the system crashing/restarting on it's own while playing games or watching video. I have the ram settings in bios set as auto, but I wanted to make sure they are correct. Here's the setting for the ram via cpu-z . Any help is greatly appreciated.

Show us Memory tab. SPD just shows suggested values, not what it is actually operating at.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok here is that.

Comment

You have the CR (Command Rate) at 1 try changing to 2, that should take care of it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Also, memory frequency is currently at DDR3-1333. Raise that to DDR3-1600 in BIOS. You may need to raise CPU-NB Voltage or DRAM Voltage +0.1V to support DDR3-1600. It may be unstable without these settings.

Or you can operate the memory at DDR3-1333, just lower timings to 8-8-8-24 and it should be just as fast as DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

My motherboard has no option for changing the command rate. Foxconn said that the current bios doesn't have the option but they may put it in future bios. So is there any thing I should change given that it's stuck in 1t?

Comment

W/ CR at 1 may want to stay at 1333 and the settings you have, or try at 8-8-8-24. If problems persist can up the CPU-NB as GSkill suggested and/or possibly raise the DRAM voltage by + .05

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

If the system is stable at 1T, that is no problem. Command Rate is AUTO detected, so no need to worry about setting it. The motherboard wil change 1T or 2T on it's own.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Here's what the settings are currently. It's stable with this, doesn't freeze or crash at all, and increasing the ram voltage makes it so the system won't boot. I'll try increasing the the cpu-nb and see if it makes any change.

Comment

Working...
                  X