No announcement yet.

F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM & M4A78T-E BIOS Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well now I'm facing an ever more difficult challenge. No matter what memory configuration I try, my computer boots up to the "Launch Startup Repair" or "Start Windows Normally" dialog. No matter which option I choose the screen goes black. If I "Launch Startup Repair" it says "Window is loading files" then the screen goes black (monitor goes into standby). If I "Start Windows Normally" It goes to the "Starting Windoews" screen and then screen goes black (monitor goes into standy).

On top of that, if I don't reset the CMOS, the computer won't attempt to boot. No beep, but I can hear the drives and fans all "on". So to get the computer to attempt to boot and beep, I must reset the CMOS. I can get into the BIOS setup and have tried flashing a different BIOS to no avail.

Also, normally every time I use to start my PC, ASUS ExpressGate would load before the OS began to boot. Now ExpressGate does not show and my OS just tries to boot, even thought it is enabled in the BIOS setup.

Comment

OMG I may have fixed it. In the BIOS setup I "Reset User Data" and rebooted and I was able to get into Startup Repair and attempt a Restore. It completed successfully and I was able to boot windows.

Although this does not fix my memory/cpu/mobo problems, I am extremely relieved.

Comment

Ok so back to the memory...

I've installed the memory in DIMM A2 and B2 (dual channel) now and loaded setup defaults.

The computer has booted with the correct timing settings (except unganged). Is it a must to run this memory "Ganged"?

Does it matter that the preferred dual channel slots are DIMM A1 and B1? I'm hoping to have stability with this setup.

Comment

No, if it remains stable, you're good for now. Would prob talk to the mobo tech support to see about issues as it sounds as if the mobo has a prob

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well it did not remain stable and crashed about 30 mins later. The only stable configuration I have is in single channel setup... Ugh!

Comment

I'd check with ASUS, doesn't make sense, fine in single but won't go in dual channel unless bad mobo or CPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X