Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS settings for 12GB G.Skill DDR3 F3-12800CL9T and Biostar X58A

Hi everybody,

after searching google for several hours I?m almost gone crazy....
    I?ve bought 6x G.Skill F3-12800CL9T-2GBNQ DDR3 RAM. I don?t know what I have to do in BIOS to get the full 12 GB running. It only shows 8 GB. I tried the XMP profile and several settings in BIOS (like manual set to 9-9-9-24) but without success. Also the RAM doesn?t run at full speed (1600).
    Maybe someone can help me. I would really appreciate it.
    Here my system specifications:

CPU: Intel core i7 920 @ 2.66GHz
    RAM: 12GB G.Skill (F3-12800CL9T)
    Mainboard: Biostar x58A with latest BIOS version
    Graphic: 2x NVidia GTX275 SLI

Thx

Try raising DRAM Voltage or QPI Voltage. Reseat the memory and make sure they are firmly inserted. This type of problem can happen when mixing multiple kits.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I din?t mix RAMs, I?m sure. They are totally identic. I?ll try to raise the voltages but there are so many different BIOS settings...Have you ever seen a Biostar BIOS?

Comment

Even the same exact model memory can have problems, that's why we sell 12GB kits. Otherwise we would just sell individual modules and people can purchase as many as they need.

Aftermarket motherboards all have extensive BIOS settings. Use the motherboard user's manual to determine which option is the QPI Voltage (memory controller voltage) and which is the DRAM Voltage (memory voltage).

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

So you want to tell me that I cannot upgrade my RAM without buying a 12 GB Kit and throwing my existing 6 GB Kit in the garbage bin? Are you kidding?
          I know where to raise the Voltages as I said before...The problem is that raising the voltages won?t be enough to get the RAM to 12GB and 1600 timing....pretty sure about that because I already tried this...In 0.020V-steps...

greez

Comment

It's more of the sticks might or might not play well together and the possibility is there of extensive tweaking for stability,. Plus the more DRAM being used, can complicate things even more. SO adding 3x2 to an existing 3x2 is harder, just as 4x4 to a 4x4 set is even harder yet

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thx
              What would you suggest me to do?
              Maybe try to send back my two 6GB Kits and get a 12GB Kit and pay the difference?
              Greez

Comment

Purchasing the 12GB kit would be the guaranteed solution.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

I solved the problem by myself. Maybe it was just luck
                  I?ve switched 2 of the memory modules just by instinct and it worked! Now the full 12GB are addressed. Now I try to set the full frequency...

Comment

Working...
                  X