4x2gb 12800CL9D-4GBRL and asus maximus 3 formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x2gb 12800CL9D-4GBRL and asus maximus 3 formula

I recently purchased 2 kits of 2x2gb Ripjaw 12800CL9D-4GBRL to enjoy 8gb DDR3 power. However i am having hard time to make Linx error free even at stock timing.

Cpu is already Linx error free test with Gskill Ripjaw 2x2gb ddr3 2000 kit and i have following hardwares.

i5 -750
    asus maximus 3 formula
    amd hd 6870
    corsair tx 750 PSU

is it just so hard to make the system stable when all the memory slots are full? i tried memory voltage from 1.5 to 1.6 no luck. i can't even pass first 5 min linx test unless i lower the speed from 1600 to 1333.

thank you in advance.

Do you have the latest BIOS? Is CR at 2? Base May have to raise CPU/NB an additional .1
    What is BLCK at? Actually, if you could post your BIOS settings, might be easier

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Do you have the latest BIOS? Is CR at 2? Base May have to raise CPU/NB an additional .1
      What is BLCK at? Actually, if you could post your BIOS settings, might be easier
      i have the lastest bios which is 2001 version and it is at cr2 (tried 1 as well no luck)
      blck is 200 and multiply is 20 so 4ghz overclock.. cpu voltage is 1.2975 and nb is 1.35. all other voltage settings are at auto. i used xmp profile so i didn't change any memory timing and tried memory voltage from 1.5 to 1.6

Comment

The two kits may be incompatible. The motherboard with XMP enabled should be able to support 8GB without a problem.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          The two kits may be incompatible. The motherboard with XMP enabled should be able to support 8GB without a problem.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH
          so should i RMA both kits?

Comment

You can contact RMA direct to check via e-mail at rma@gskillusa.com and might want to reference this thread so they can see what is going on, here it is if you just want to cut and paste:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7118

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
              You can contact RMA direct to check via e-mail at rma@gskillusa.com and might want to reference this thread so they can see what is going on, here it is if you just want to cut and paste:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7118
              i will do that..thank you for your help in this matter

Comment

No problem, wish we could have got them going for you, let us know how the new sticks are.

Tman

Comment

Yes, you can also request testing to insure all four modules can work together. These are the types of issues to be expected when purchasing multiple kits instead of a single match tested guaranteed set.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Originally posted by supermiky32 View Post
                  so should i RMA both kits?

Comment

Working...
                  X