X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus m4a79xtd evo + f3-12800cl7d-4gbrh

Memory: F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH
    Board: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb (HDZ965FBGMBOX)

So, I built a new system a few months back. Within a week I got my first BSOD since I was six. I stopped playing my PC because it was in the middle of the semester. But now that finals are over I started playing again; and now I'm getting blue screens like a mofo. It happens rarely while surfing the web. Other than that it happens on occasion while playing video games. Several days ago it was once or twice a week and now it's six times a day.

I downloaded memtest and recieved this error message: "Memory error detected! Copying between 18c022 and 18bf42 did not result in accurate copy. MemTest has detected that your computer cannot accurately store data in RAM. You need to fix this. See the online FAQ question #2"

Oh yeah, my timings are set to 7-7-7-24 in the BIOS.

I'm not going to pretend to know what I'm talking about. But I'm going to conjecture that the increased frequency of these BSOD is because the RAM is continuously writing incorrect information over time in the RAM?

Any ideas on how to fix this?

...Sorry about the huge post.

Could you post your BIOS settings, particularly system voltages and DRAM timings - May want to make a quick check at what your CR (Command Rate) is, if it's at 1N you may want to change it to 2N

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

DRAM Frequency: 1600
      DRAM Voltage: 1.6v

Command Rate: Auto (options for 1T and 2T)

DRAM 1st Information: 7-7-7-24-6-40-12-5

TCl:-------7
      TRCD:------7
      TRP:-------7
      TRAS:------24
      TRTP:------Auto
      TRC:-------Auto
      TWR:-------Auto
      TRRD:------Auto

DRAM 2nd Information: 6-2-6-4-2-0-110

TRWTTO:----Auto
      TWRRD:-----Auto
      TWTR:------Auto
      TWRWR:-----Auto
      TRDRD:-----Auto
      TRFC0:-----Auto
      TRFC1:-----Auto
      TREF:------Auto

This is how it appears in my BIOS.
      Would 2T be 2N?

EDIT: I don't know what you mean my system voltages, lol, sorry. But here's a list of everything I found in the BIOS that had the word voltage on it.

CPU and Ratio Voltage-

CPU Voltage:---------- Auto
      CPU/NB Voltage: ------Auto
      CPU VDDA Voltage:-- Auto

Chipset Voltage-

NB Voltage:----------- Auto
      NB 1.8v Voltage: -----Auto
      SB Voltage: -----------Auto
      Last edited by Kekse; 12-14-2010, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Yes, 2T is 2N.

Check to see if you have the latest BIOS.

Raise CPU-NB Voltage +0.05V or +0.1V to see if it can support CL7. If not, use 8-8-8-24 timings and it should be stable.

All other timings are just fine.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I'll try it now. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Ok, I set the CPU-NB Voltage to +0.1V and restarted. My computer was "on" but only showed a black screen. So I restarted with the power button and when it got into POST it said "overclocked failed!" So I went into the BIOS and set it to +0.05V. Same thing happened as before except it doesn't reach POST. The screen stays black when I turn it on. If I cleared the CMOS would I be able to get into the BIOS?

EDIT: Cleared the CMOS and reset timings to 8-8-8-24.
            Last edited by Kekse; 12-14-2010, 05:06 PM.

Comment

It started up again about two weeks ago. I'm getting BSOD's like crazy. Do I need to RMA at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Kekse View Post
                It started up again about two weeks ago. I'm getting BSOD's like crazy. Do I need to RMA at this point?
                what BSOD code do you get? some of them can help determine what the fault is. for example, memory/IMC problems are usually 0x0A, 0x109, 0x50
                CPU: i7 4790K
                Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Hero (z97)
                RAM: G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX)

Comment

I have no idea, it loads to fast. Could you direct me toward a link or an image of where those numbers would be so I can check the next time it happens; I might be able to catch it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kekse View Post
                    I have no idea, it loads to fast. Could you direct me toward a link or an image of where those numbers would be so I can check the next time it happens; I might be able to catch it?
                    disable automatic restart after system failure so you can read the BSOD code.

Last edited by LeetMiniWheat; 01-31-2011, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Alright, this is what I got from my BSOD -

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x0000001E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002BAA0F3, 0x0000000000000000, 0x000000000000020C)

Comment

According to Microsoft, this error can be attributed towards:

Hardware failure (memory, processor, or motherboard).
                        Anti-virus software that is running on your computer.
                        Drivers installed by third-party software.

but overclockers seem to think this means not enough CPU voltage. (VCore) are you overclocking your CPU at all?

Comment

but if you're getting errors in memtest, then it's probably memory related. severe memory errors can also cause CPU related errors. I would definitely check the RAM timings that they match the specs. that and ensure you have the latest BIOS installed. and we can go from there
                          Last edited by LeetMiniWheat; 02-08-2011, 04:32 PM. Reason: revised semi-inoherent post

Comment

I went to the Asus website and downloaded the Afudos BIOS update tool V2.41 and it won't let me run it. It just says something about having the wrong OS; and i checked several times? Am I doing something wrong?

Here's the link: http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=vk9Pqxby9MjO0WHm

Comment

Post some pictures of BIOS and we can make sure everything is OK.

Test one at a time with 8-8-8-24 1.60V to see if both modules work the same.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X