DDR3 1600 MHz RAM in an EVGA x 58 Classified mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR3 1600 MHz RAM in an EVGA x 58 Classified mobo

I have purchased the G. Skill DDR3 1600 MHz 24 GB F3-12800CL9T2-24GBRL. My mobo, EVGA X58 SLI 3X Classified, will not read anything over 12 GB so I can essentially only install 3 sticks. I really would like to use all 6 sticks to get the 24 GB. Is there a special setting in the BiOS that will make this RAM work? Standard memory profile or XMP1? Really need help & fast.

Real quick (I'll be back later this PM) but might try (if you have it) disabling the USB 3 controller, that seems to be causing problems with X58 mobos, another thing to try would be apply power then shut it off before Win starts to load and then start again and see if all the sticks show up - this is another problem showing up w/ a variety of X58 mobos. If neither helps, if you could post your BIOS settings, I'll take a closer look this PM - prob be back around 6:30-7PM PST.

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You can try XMP, if that has the same problem, test 3 sticks at a time to see if it may be a slot issue or memory problem.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X