asus p5qc and ripjaws 10666cl9d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asus p5qc and ripjaws 10666cl9d

what are the best settings with these ram and mainboard my cpu is q6600. I cannot run them in 1333mhz. they run 1066 at the moment anything I do locks my computer
    Thanks

What do you have the Q6600 at? I ask, because you'll need a decent OC to get up around 1333 on the sticks. With a decent aftermarket cooler you can easily run 3-3.6 GHz with Q6600. Regardless, should run 3GHz w/stock cooler and the sticks about 1200 if not up to 1333.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

zalman 7700cnps

I have the zalman cnps 7700 for cooling and tnx for the reply but I dont want to oc my cpu only the ram I want to have it to work to 1333mhz

Comment

Don't think your going to get there w/ the Q at stock 2.4GHz with 1066 FSB, unless you load up on voltages.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

CPU FSB 266 x 10 is giving you 2.66GHz for the CPU.

To run the memory at DDR3-1333, you must set CPU FSB to 333.

So if you don't want to overclock your CPU at all, change CPU Ratio to 8.

333 x 8 = 2.664GHz (2.660GHz original) Edit: actually 2.40GHz default for Q6600

Basically the same exact thing.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH
          Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 12-16-2010, 11:24 AM.

Comment

p5qc 10666cl9d

Thanks to veryone for your replies. I did what you suggested and it finally worked ok. But I get a +10 degrees celsius on my cpu.

Comment

+10 should be within operating system range. If worried could try new application of AS (Artic Silver or other thermal compound....or a new cooler, with the Q the Zalmon 9500 or the Artic cooling Freezer 7 Pro are good choices, have used both on the 6600's w/ no problem

Tman

Comment

Should be no problem as long as max temp does not reach above 80 degrees C.

You can purchase a cheap aftermarket CPU cooler and oc the CPU even more for more performance, while keeping temps low =)

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

thermal grease

Thanks to everyone I have used thermal grease on the cpu with my cnps7700 and I get better results now the temp goes no higher than 50 C.
                  Thanks again for all your help

Comment

Working...
                  X