Cant install win7 64 on new pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant install win7 64 on new pc

Hi all - im new here - i have a problem i thk is relevant to tell about here - sry if m wrong - i be happy for any advice.

This is it (all brand new pc gear btw):

Model of the motherboard: Asus Crosshair IV formula
    Model of the memory: F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO (note: 4*2 GB ram installed)
    Model of the CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
    Model of HDD: WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0

I have just assembled my first Pc and it worked in the sense that first time it powered up I was able to access BIOS and check the settings and component identification. Nothing there I could find wrong ? but im an amateur so that?s no guaranty.

Well I went on attempting to install window 7 64bit. I tried twice. On first try it went BS at the first system restart with BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO (stop: 0x00000074 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000002, 0xFFFFF80001A7A200, 0xFFFFF80000B9C490). Suggesting bad RAM modules according to msn bulletins on that error. On the second win 7 install attempt it went BS during second system restart ? didn?t see BS details as it vanished fast.

I?d be happy if u have any advices here for me. Do u thk I should try swap ram sticks or should I concentrate on the HDD ?

You might try installing w/ only 1 or 2 sticks, then add the other sticks afterward (a problem I have run into on occasion, on a variety of different mobos). If install goes okay then you encounter problems, might run memtest on each stick individually to see if it's a bad stick. Other questions: This is two seperate sets of 2x2, correct? If so may have to make some adjustments to voltages and timings. Also want to ensure you are loading Win7 64bit OS. Will be in and out over the weekend

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just to answer ur imidiate questions:

1. yes, i purchased 2 sep sets of 2*2 GB Ram sticks as specified.
      2. I did order win HP 7 64 and this is what is printed on the packing label, order note, invoice etc. Havent realy noticed on screen sayings - so in a way im asuming this is so. If its not - i've been subject to fraud lol.
      3. I just removed 2 sticks leaving red mem slots occupied ie total of 4 GB Ram.

Next im going to see how far this will bring me.

Comment

Keep us notified, if this is the problem, it doesn't happen often, but seems to be a carryover glitch from the Vista era

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

one step onwards

Tyvm for replying and advicing me.

With 2 ram sticks in red mobo slots i got win HP7 64 installed. Had a few BS underway and at some time during win update on the net. I had to reload C4F.ROM from Mobo driver cd. Eventualy i seem to have it up running. Got the essential drivers installed and AV stuff. Now im an amateur so i just took what is needed - later on i can take other things for different kind of improving performance etc.

The basic system information for Pc and GPU are showing up correctly now - showing the things i have installed: components, specs and software.

Pc haven't been running enough to say its stable but it seems so.

Now i still have 2 more identical Gskill stick (a set of 2*2GB Gskill sticks).

Can u advice me how to handle the matter from here off: return/RMA or just try insert them now that win 7 64 has been installed - or do i need to check some dram settings in BIOS ?

Comment

Go ahead and install them and see what happens...if problems get back to us and pls post the BIOS settings for DRAM info and voltages.

Tman

Comment

It went ok - much to my surprise. But i still haven't used the PC under more stressing conditions. Just inststalled games, programs and utilities.

These are the BIOS settings (b4 and after = same):

CPU offset 1,27 V
              CPU/NB offset 1,151
              Dram 1,401
              Target Dram: 1333 MHz
              Bios reports 8 GB as it should.

Anymore i can do or data u need ?

Comment

With 4 sticks, if any problems try raising the CP/NB just a tad more (to maybe 1.175 - 1.2) but think you'll be OK

Tman

Comment

You will want to change your CPU & CPU/NB voltage from Offset to Manual.
                  This will allow you to hard set actual voltages for both the CPU and CPU/NB frequencies.
                  Just checking, but make sure you hard set your memory frequency, timings, and DRAM voltage in your bios.
                  AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
                  Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
                  ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                  2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
                  SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
                  Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
                  Corsair HX850W Modular
                  Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
                  2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

apart from setting CPU/NB = 1.175 V i have no idea what values to set other parameters at. They have all a default value ofc and i have left it there.

Problem/odd thing i had is occasional checkdisc performed prior to win 7 start upon booting/restart after program updates.

Comment

Raise DRAM Voltage, this combination wants 1.40V-1.45V if I remember correctly.

DDR3-1600 7-8-7-24

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thx vm for the replies. This stuff is hard for me to work with. So i hope yuo will be patient with me as i try to clear up exactly what parameters i need to change and their values.

I understand that i must enter Bios and do/ensure the following:

1. Set CPU/NB to Manual and punch in 1,175 (tradesman)

Note: I assume individual values of CPU and NB voltage are controlled
                        /regulated automaticaly.

2. DRAM voltge are 1,41 volt at this moment and it should remain so - correct ?

3. Change DRAM settings from present 1,9-1,4 volt to 1,45-140 volt ?

4. Make sure DRAM timing is 7-8-7-24 (also printed on packing material label) ?

5. At present DRAM is 1,41 Volt and i'll leave it there ?

Thx

Comment

1. Correct change CPU/NB to 1.175
                          2. Correct set DRAM voltage at 1.41

3 - Ignore

4 Correct set base timings 7-8-7-24

5 Same as # 2

6 NEW Ensure Command Rate (CR) remains at 2N

Tman

Comment

some more clarification/questions

in BIOS i see:

Changing CPU/NB ratio is straight forward (from 1,15 to 1,175)

DRAM timings consist of two strings of parameter settings:

dram 1. information: 9 9 9 24 5 33 10 4
                            dram 2. information: 8 2 5 4 110 7,8 2T

now the numbers u gave me: 7 8 7 24 ; are these the first 4 numbers in dram 1. information ?

command rate appears in dram 2. information last position as "2T" ; is it here i punch in 2N or do i just look if it change as i change the dram timing (7 8 7 24)

Sry to be so slow to understand u but i mean: no1 was born to know these things

Note : i havent changed anything just now; will do all changes as i get confirmation here

Comment

Command Rate will appear as 2'N' or 2 'T' depending on the mobo and BIOS maker combo, used to be Intel used 'T' and AMD used 'N', they are becoming interchangeable, the big thing is have them at 2.

The 7-8-7-24 are the base timings and yes generally the first 4 listed, should replace the info you show in DRAM 1 where it's 9-9-9-24, and command rate show as 2T in the second set of info, so it's good.

CPU/NB assumption is correct - straightforward change

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X