Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800cl9d-8gbrl - additional settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl9d-8gbrl - additional settings?

I have set my RAM to:
    9-9-9-24
    1.6v
    Memeory Clock 8x

But what of the other settings available, which are at stock:
    Ganged or unganged
    Tt/2T Command Timing
    TwTr Command Timing
    Trfc0 for DIMM1
    Trfc2 for DIMM2
    WRite Recovery
    Precharge Time
    Row Cycle Time
    RAS to CAS Delay
    Bank interleaving
    CHannel interleave
    DQS Trainng Control
    Memlock tristating

I also have a ASUS M4A78LT-M LE AMD 760G (SOCKET AM3) MOTHERBOARD, could this be a better choice than the Giagbyte?

My system:
    AMD Phenom x2 555 BE (stock)
    Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H Rev 1.2 with latest BIOS
    F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    Radeon HD 5570 DDR3 1024MB 650MHz PCI-E
    ARCTIC COOLING FREEZER 7 PRO REV 2 CPU COOLER
    I plan to overclock the CPU but want to get the memory right first.

Thanks

While both mobos are rated for DRAM up to 1600 (the ASUS to 1800) when OCed, to be honest I have doubts that your CPU would be able to push and maintain your sticks at that speed. Trouble with both mobos and RAM, they list the max they figure they can run in any combo, but testing is almost always done with the best CPU available i.e. a 1080 or something like that. Add to that the AMD CPUs have a weak MC to start with. You may want to start trying at 1333 and of the other settings you mention, initially leave them to auto, except for Command Rate...ensure its at 2T (maybe even 3 if available)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman thanks for that.

I have the gskill running at 1600 without any problems so far. The CPU will overclock readily to a X4 @ 3.6.

I had intended to just build a system for general use (have not been building and overclocking for about 8 years) but have been bitten by teh bug again. I am of course massively out of date - watercoling was rare the last tiem I overclocked anything). I realise now that I have some fast memeory without the Mobo and CPU to back it up. Any suggestions on what Mobo/CPU combination I should go for to give me a chance of making best use of the gskill and a decent overclock?

Regards

Comment

Are you locked into AMD? I ask because I'm more of an Intel kind of guy, especially the last few years, AMD doesn't put a lot into the MC....Intel however has always been strong, so I lean towards them for high end and gaming rigs

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Locked in no, but I have always used AMD in the past and feel happier with them. I have been researching and have ordered:

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 MOBO

AMD PHENOM II 1090T BE 3.2GHZ

which I believe will match the memory nicely and give me some good overclocking opportunities.
          Last edited by griff849; 12-12-2010, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Agree, the 1090 handles DRAM better than the rest

Tman

Comment

That is one of the best AMD overclocking combinations.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

I am glad my research worked out well. I get the cpu & mobo today and I will post some results later.

Thanks

Comment

Be looking forward to it

Tman

Comment

OK, first attempt at OC'ing the 1090T and it is running at 4004 (286x14)

CPU v @ 1.4
                    Everything else at stock.

I have not touched the memory yet, what do you suggest?

Comment

Can try taking it further, just go in gradual increments

Tman

Comment

Well, using the DDR3-1066 memory multiplier (x5.33) gives you ~DDR3-1524 with CPU Host Frequency at 286. Maybe try upping DRAM Voltage to lower timings? Or attempt CPU FSB 300 for a full DDR3-1600.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Latest stats:

FSB: 298
                          Mutl: 13.5
                          Core: 4023
                          Temp: 47 idle
                          Temp: 57 (using Burn-in V6.0 Pro)
                          Core volt: 1.368
                          Mem volt: 1.5
                          NB frequency: 2086

I am sure there is a bit more there yet.

Just wondering, would a high FSB be better for the memory or lower timings?

Cheers
                          Last edited by griff849; 12-17-2010, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Might try the FSB first, sort comes down to getting it stable with temps/voltages that your happy with

Tman

Comment

Have been tryign to up the FSB but have been running into overheating problems and crashes.

Just replaced the thermal paste, reseated the cooler and discovered that the top case fan was not turning (now fixed). The temps have dropped back to those from earlier.

One thing that did come to mind when I was trying to figure out why my temps had risen so much (even when I throttled back to stock settings) - if the CPU has been stressed is there a tendency for it to run hotter generally?

Going to let the system bed in for a day or two and build up the overclock to 4Gb again then try and increase the FSB again.

By the way, I have had FSB up to 380 with everything else at thier lowest settings, so a good FSB score is possible.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                              X