P6X58D-E, i7-950, and F3-16000CL9T-6GBTDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P6X58D-E, i7-950, and F3-16000CL9T-6GBTDD

I was hoping someone could give me settings for the Ai tweeker with this combo. I have no experience at over-clocking and I would much rather have a stable setup then something that could fry my hardware a year down the road.

I'm running a corsair h50 on the processor but the airflow in my case (LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B) is poor so I really don't want to push anything too high.

I really am not worried about not reaching 2000mhz, what I would much rather have is optimal settings for stability so that I don't have to worry that I'm slowly killing my machine.

If anything running them at 1600 would be fine, I just mainly want a stable setup.

P.S. I had NO idea that to get DDR3-2000 it requires so much over-clocking work. I literally thought that all I would have to do is plug it in

Try it at spec first Manually set speed to 2000, base timings 9-9-9-24, CMD Rate (CR) 2T, DRAM voltage to 1.6. If it doesn't work at that, simply change speed to 1600. If that works OK, you can try tightening the timings to 8-8-8-24 for a slight performance boost, if a problem there slide back to 9-9-9-24

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sorry to be such a pain but when you say "manually set speed to 2000" I'm not quite sure what value you are referring too. I did turn X.M.P on on and said the ram was running at a little over 2000 but when I rebooted it said over-clock failed so I just went back to factory default so I would be able to boot.

Comment

To do it manually, you'll need to turn XMP off and then manually set the base timings, DRAM voltage, speed and CR.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You can use XMP, but you need to find the precise voltage for QPI/DRAM Core Voltage. DDR3-2000 requires you to find the stable voltage, so trial and error (overclocking) is necessary. With the i7-950, it will be around 1.40V-1.60V.

If you set it to DDR3-1600 7-7-7-21, the motherboard should be able to support the proper QPI/DRAM Voltage.
          Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X