Asus M4A88T-M/usb3+ F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus M4A88T-M/usb3+ F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Hey guyz i have AMD phenom ii x4 955be and asus M4A88T-M/usb3 mobo (mobo Chipset 880G) I wanted to ask whether my config supports G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 1600Mhz Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL...plzz reply asap ???
    Last edited by ex-ecutioner; 12-10-2010, 11:19 AM.

No problem, but for DDR3-1600, you need to set memory frequency, timings, and voltage in BIOS. Also, CPU-NB Voltage must be increased by +0.1V to stabilize DDR3-1600.

Once you make these changes, everything should be stable.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      No problem, but for DDR3-1600, you need to set memory frequency, timings, and voltage in BIOS. Also, CPU-NB Voltage must be increased by +0.1V to stabilize DDR3-1600.

Once you make these changes, everything should be stable.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH
      Is it possible to boot into the bios with this ram? (without changing the settings you stated)?

I am building my own rig and have the same mother board setup and ram setup as stated above.

Comment

Yes, just power on and enter BIOS, then you can manually input your settings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

This is the reason for standardization, and the reason ANY memory will POST at DDR3-1333 CL9 max. Even though a memory kit may require settings (above the standard), the system will still POST because of the JEDEC standard, then once you make the proper changes in BIOS, the computer will restart then operate as you configured.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Originally posted by pakman View Post
          Is it possible to boot into the bios with this ram? (without changing the settings you stated)?

I am building my own rig and have the same mother board setup and ram setup as stated above.

Comment

Thank you for responding!

now when it comes to changing, what settings do i change exactly?

you stated above "CPU-NB Voltage must be increased by +0.1V to stabilize DDR3-1600."

Where is this info stated so i can read it all?

i presume its in the packaging the ram comes with.

Comment

The info is right here. I'm telling you based on experience that your hardware combination needs such as voltage boost. It is not included in the package because it does not apply to everybody.

In the BIOS, look for CPU-NB Voltage and raise this to 1.20V. This will stabilize the CPU for DDR3-1600 since it is only capable of DDR3-1333 natively.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

well. i have the computer running. works perfectly fine and stable with the 1.2volt CPU-NB

but the speed of it is at 800MHz although in the bios i set it to 1600MHz.

and ideas on whats wroung?

Comment

What tells you the speed is at 800? If it's CPU-Z or a program similar it is showing the frequency, since the sticks are DDR (Double Data Rate) the effective speed is 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

800MHz is DDR3-1600. It is not DDR3-1600 MHz. So everything should be set just fine.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X