Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 + F3-10666CL7D-4GBECO

Hello,

I'm running a brandnew System with an Asus Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 Mainboard and the F3-10666CL7D-4GBECO 2*2GB RAM-sticks. Processor is the AMD Phenom II X4 955.
    In the BIOS the Profile is activated, but when I start the computer from being totaly powered off, the system crashes after a few minutes. Bluescreen with BAD_POOL_HEADER error is shown...
    Running memtest 4.1 from a live-CD has revealed many errors in the RAM.
    Plugging out the sticks and plugging them in solves the issue until the computer is again totaly powered off.
    I tried different timing and voltage settings in the BIOS but none of them worked.

What can I do?

Greetings,
    sentenza

Can you post your BIOS settings - Is CR, Command Rate at 2N (could be the culprit if at 1N)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Send them in for RMA and try a new kit. It should work better.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

All BIOS ram settings that I've found are displayed in the pictures linked below.
        As you can see CR is on 2T (there's only "AUTO","1T" and "2T" available...)

Do you have any other ideas or should I send them in?

Comment

If it works fine after you reboot, it is a problem with memory initialization, so you will want to send them in for RMA.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

No it doesn't work fine after rebooting! That's actually the problem..
            Well, I pull the sticks out of the mainboard and stick them in again. I'm starting the computer and it works! After shutting it down and starting it again - without sticking the ram-sticks out and in - the system crashes and memtest reports the errors...
            Not until I stick them out and in the system will work fine for one session.
            Could that be a compatibility problem? How can RAM or mainboard know whether the sticks have been removed and installed or not, when they're powered off?
            Last edited by sentenza; 12-11-2010, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Probably need to RMA, may check each stick individually w/ Memtest to see if both have errors (Gskill will do a single stick RMA).....can contact them at rma@gskillusa.com or rma@gskill.com (world) info available at

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I already did this. Each stick shows the effects discribed above...
                Think it's a compatibility problem so I'll send them back to the vendor and buy the cl8 kit of the same ram, which should be compatible, as the ram-list of the mainboard says...

Comment

Sounds good, let us know how it works out

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X