Timings for Ripjaw 3x4GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timings for Ripjaw 3x4GB

I started getting BSOD after about a month playing games and normal every day stuff with my computer. I did not change anything or add anything hardware wise. Just started BSOD once a day, usually during playing the game. I also started noticing the monitor begin to flicker periodically. I updated BIOS and made sure I had the most up to date driver for my vid card. I then decided to check to memory.

I am using an ASUS Rampage III Formula board
    I have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231356
    and I noticed the timings for these are to be set to 1333 and 9-9-9-24 with 1.5V however it set auto to 1066 and 8-8-8-20 with 1.6V

My big question here is on my ASUS Rampage III Formula board there are 3 sets of timings. I am unsure about the rest of these things accept the 1st 4.

Could someone please help me set these to the best timings for stock. for an i7 950 at stock speeds.

here is what I have set at the moment.

1st Information : 9-9-9-24-4-107-10-7-20-0
    2nd information: 1N-62-63-63
    3rd Information: 5-5-16-10-10-11-7-6-4-7-7-4

I have no clue what all the 2nd and 3rd information stuff is. all accept the first 4 in 1st information(9-9-9-24) are auto.

Also any info on possible things to check regarding the BSOD issue would be helpful.

Thanks for the help.

On the BSOD, do you get a particular error message? May check the drivers for the GPU and see if they have anything in particular on the game you are playing (may need to update driver to current or try a beta (can check available versions at guru3d.com....

http://downloads.guru3d.com/

another possible would be a slight increase to voltage to CPU, DRAM or NB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I will check on the stop code next time I get the BSOD, I just set it to not auto restart so i can get more info. Also i did increase my voltage to the RAM from 1.5 to 1.6.

If I get another blue screen and it seems to be the CPU or NB ill check on those voltages. I did a fresh windows install and have not had one yet today, after keeping the PC on over night. I might run MSI Kombustor/Cinebench/Furmark stress test a couple times today just to see how it handles them.

I'll keep it posted up here how it goes for the next week or two.

Thanks

Comment

I'll keep an eye out 4 u, hope that takes care of it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X