8GBSQ and Dell Latitude E6410

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8GBSQ and Dell Latitude E6410

I am attempting to upgrade a Dell Latitude E6410 (Intel Core i5-520m) by replacing the 2, 2GB memory modules that shipped with the laptop to 8 GB using the G.Skill F3-8500CL7D-8GBSQ 4096MB x 2 modules. After replacing the memory, upon loading Windows 7 Enterprise the computer freezes on the "Please wait..." screen, prior to requesting network log in information. I have tried the following to resolve this problem:

1) Rechecked and reseated the SO-DIMMS.
    2) Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic (no errors) and Windows Startup Repair
    3) Ran Dell Memory Diagnostics (no errors)
    4) Ran memtest86+ (no errors)
    5) Replaced old SO-DIMMS (computer boots normally)
    6) Reinstalled G.Skill modules (system freezes at same place as before)
    7) Started Windows in Safe mode (works fine)

The G.Skill modules have the same memory timings and voltages as the old modules.

Any suggestions?

Eric

Might try each stick individually to see if there's a problem with an individual stick, but may be in the BIOS. Many laptops don't allow much play in making adjustments to timings or voltages to allow use of third party upgrades just as DRAM. Just had the same issue come up w/ a different laptop where the BIOS locked the CR at 1 and was using high density sticks, so it would work with 1 but not 2. If the BIOS can make adjustments as to timings, voltages, etc could you post the settings.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by emintz View Post
        The G.Skill modules have the same memory timings and voltages as the old modules.

Any suggestions?

Eric
        Hi Eric,

I had a similar difficulty with 8GBSQ & Lenovo W510.

Could you please run hwinfo32 and paste all the timing info under
        YourComputerName->Memory?

Thanks,
        Simu

Comment

Working...
        X