Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK

Hello,

I have two kit of F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK, my mobo is a MSI 785GM-E65 and my processor a athlon II 610e revicion C3. I test separaly each of the four memory modules with integrated windows 7 memory test utility with this timing: 8-8-8-1T at 1333Mhz (all the others timings parameters are set to auto) and voltage set to 1.5v

I have a strange problem with only one of the four modules.
    I dn't know if the memory test fail with this module because at the end of the test windows 7 freeze during loading or a very few minutes after it's completion.
    I reboot the computer and I get the same problem. In fact each time I use this module, and only with this, my computer freeze during the loading of windows 7 or just a few minutes after completion.
    I try with timings set to 9-9-9-2T and voltage set to 1.6v but no change.
    I test the module at 8-8-8-1T 1.5v with memtest86+ (4 pass) and I get no memory error.

I try to change other setting in my BIOS to see if they change something... if I disable Memory Power down, my computer don't freeze (at 1333Mhz), same thing if I lower the memory speed to 1066Mhz and keep memory power down enable (mode is set to channel).

What do you think of this ?

Ram

Which version of Memtest did you use, 4.0 can be located here,

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/M.../MemTest.shtml

sounds like the stick may be going bad, could you post your RAM and voltage settigns from the BIOS

Comment

Feel free to send it in for RMA. All modules should perform exactly the same.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hello,

I test the memory with the last available version of memtest86+

I've made more tests, and there is some change. In fact the two memory modules of the same kit freeze my pc and only at 1333Mhz with 'Memory power down mode' enable and if they are installed in slot 1 or 2. My system seem's to be stable with the same memory settings if they are installed in slot 3 and 4.

Very strange...

Comment

Could be a problem w/ the mobo itself or the BIOS - do you have latest BIOS? Might check w/ mobo maker and see if others experiencing same problem

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes I have the latest BIOS.

Ok, I try to see if other people exp?riencing the same problem, but why the second kit works well ?
            I test another 2x2 Go G.skill kit (F3-10666CL7-2GBECO) and three 2 x 2Go PC3-10666 of other brand without any problem.

Thank's for your help.
            Last edited by kit-et-kat; 12-13-2010, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Maybe Gskill can shed more light on the subject, if the other stick work okay in 1-2s then these should, but seems odd they work fine in 3-4 but not in 1-2 unless there are different settings on the slots. Have you tried it with the Memory Power Down Disabled, if they work okay then, it would again possibly point to the mobo not initializing those slots fast enough when starting back up or the stick not initializing, but only in these two slots

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes, the stick work okay at 1333Mhz if I disable memory power down feature or if I enable it and lower the memory speed to 1066Mhz.

Comment

Could be one or the other - hopefully GSkill will know more about the mobo or you could check w/ MSI and see if it's an issue

Tman

Comment

Try a new kit first to see if it has the same problem.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hello,

I tested five memory kit,

- 1 x G.Skill F3-10666CL7D-4GBECO
                      - 2 x G.Skill F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK
                      - 3 x Kingston KHX1600C9AD3B1K2

with two modo,

2 MSI 785GM-E65

three BIOS, and three CPU (Athlon II 170u r?v C3, 240e rev. C2, & 610e rev C3)

Only one of the two HK kit cause my system to hang with this settings only:

- Memory set to 1333Mhz (no problem at 1066Mhz)
                      - Module in DIMM slot 1 or 2 (no problem in slot 3 or 4)
                      - Memory 'Power down mode' enable (no problem if disable)
                      - and new, onboard graphic memory set to 'Sideport' (No problem if I set to 'Sideport + UMA')

I'll ask MSI if it's an issue.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X