F3-12800CL6T-6GBPI on Asus Rampage III Formula Motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL6T-6GBPI on Asus Rampage III Formula Motherboard

I just want to verify that F3-12800CL6T-6GBPI will work on the Asus Rampage III Formula motherboard.

I found a thread in Asus' forums that says yes, but this ram is not specifically listed on the compatability list for the motherboard. F3-12800CL8T-6GBPI is the only set of ram listed from the Pi series.

Anyway, from all indications it looks like it should work, but I just want to make sure before I vest my monies into these products.

Thanks in advance!

Should be no problem, not sure if GSkill has tested directly w/ the mobo, but this set of PIs is geared specifically for the X58 chipset. Hopefully the GSkill folks will be in Tues

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the response, this is further boosting my confidence! haha

Comment

If any problems let us know, believe it should be just plug and play

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Will do. I went ahead and ordered the parts, so we will see what happens in a few days!

Comment

Not plug and play, you need to enable XMP, or manually input the settings.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Is there a difference between enabling XMP or manually putting in the settings? Rather, is one more preferable to the other as far as performance/stability?

And thank you for the information!

Comment

XMP should do the same, but technically depends on how the BIOS is written. Manual settings are just for advanced users, generally speaking, they are just the same, the XMP is just for less experienced users that may be confused about memory timings, voltage, etc.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Aside from voltage and timings, is there any other information that I would need to enter?

Because from what I read, the voltage is 1.6v and the timing is 6-8-6-20. If that is all I need to enter in, then I will probably just do that.

Comment

Also DRAM Frequency DDR3-1600.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Good Morning,

I have 12Gb of F3-12800CL6T-6GBPI and a rampage iii formula mb.

The MB and Windows 7 is only recognizing 8Gb. I have changed the memory sticks around to test them out and no matter what I put and where, I get 8Gb recognized.

I have enabled X.M.P. as noted above.

What else should I be trying ?

Thanks in advance.....

Note: I am technical enough to follow directions for manually settings. However, the rampage iii formula seems to have a TON of memory settings that are available to adjust and I don't want to cause any damage...

Thanks!

Comment

Try adjusting the QPI/DRAM Core Voltage. Make sure each kit is in one color slots.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                        X