X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foxconn a6gmv motherboard - G-Skill F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL

hi
    foxconn a6gmv motherboard - would the following 1 dimm memory module work
    so first question - can I add just 1 module or do you have to add 2 matching in a pair ?
    the module I really would like to add -
    Brand: G-Skill
    Mfr Part Number: F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL
    this is a 4gb dimm
    DDR3 4Gb 1333Mhz PC10600
    9-9-9-24
    1.5V

foxconn website -
    your online support says mb supports -
    G.SKILL F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ 2GB 1333 PASS
    but list it as 2gb module
    hope you can help

update looks like MB will support 1 dimm eg does not have to be matching pair. See G.skill tec spec on 5gb dimms listing a higher chipset than A6GMV chipset of 690g

I'll see if I can dig up a manual and check....meantime what CPU are you running, may have an effect on it.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Your mobo only has the two slots so don't think you'll be able to run them together unless you can specify single channel in the BIOS, by default if you occupy both slots it flips things to Dual channel mode which would probably cause problems with 1GB and 4GB, if it will work at all. If you run the 4GB by itself it says either slot is fine

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

tradesman thanks for reply
        my cpu amd phenon x 2 555
        bit of background this foxconn a6gmv amd dual core phenon are left overs from my sons pc build as foxconn orginally stated the x 4 quad would work - however in the small print thay said max 95watt - the quad runs at 125w -
        So I am all static bagged up and but worried about wasting more money on my - poor dad build ! . We have breadboarded a6gmv with a pair of geil 2gb dimms ok
        so I have not run into any prob's yet - I dont have dimm yet.
        was hoping to use 4gb dimm on its own in one slot-my inquiries seem to indicate this would work
        I would buy the pc 1333mhz dimm - and not take a chance on adjusting bios on a pc12800 1600mhz dimm
        The idea then when son needs an upgrade he can have a pair(after buying second one) of 4gb g.skill on his Asus MB giving him 8gb
        and I get his pair of 2gb geil
        my chipset of 690 bit out of date now.
        many thanks

Comment

just been reading up a bit on single channel -
          If I just add 1 dimm - potential to take a performace hit - mb/s throughput would drop vs dual channel. If its just for a short period of time - before a planned upgrade to a second matching dimm - I could accept it

Comment

Yes, you'd take a small hit, can always try and see if it's going to be to much

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X