• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL unstable with both sticks

RAM : F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL
    mb : Asus P7P55D-E PRO w/ current bios
    Hd: ocz agility2 60g w/ windows 7 64bit

My system is very unstable with 8g installed; constant bsod.
    With one 4g stick installed in either slot everything seems fine. Ran windows memory diagnostic and memtest86+ individually and with both sticks and no errors. Changed dram timing mode to 2n and increased voltage to 1.525 and 1.55 as read in another post and no fix.
    bios:
    9-9-9-24-2n 1333 manually set.

Another problem is the hard drive shows 33g free with 1 4g stick installed ( which is about correct) and with 8g it only shows 23g free.

Please help, I'm confused.
    Last edited by Pilmech; 12-04-2010, 08:30 PM.

What CPU and could you post your BIOS settings, particularly tRFC and voltage settings, been a few problems with this mobo (think you're at least #2 and maybe the third one today) and the P55 chipset in general

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

similar issue with F3 10666CL9D 8GBRL

Asus P55-D Pro with latest BIOS (1807)
      Intel i5 750 2.66

Can't get the system to boot after Installing the new RAM - I just get a black screen. I tried pressing the MEM AOK button and the LED begins flashing, the system reboots once or twice and eventually acknowledges the new RAM but then says I need to save the settings. I hit DEL to enter the BIOS then f10 to save changes and exit. After rebooting the system starts to POST but then never finishes booting to Windows. Do I need to do something different to save the new memory settings?

Actually, scratch that. I was able to get the BIOS to recognize the RAM, but am having trouble booting into windows (7 Pro 64 bit). The first time it went OK, but said there were 8GB and only 4 were usable so I shutdown, re-seated the sticks and rebooted. BIOS recognized all 8, but the system would no longer boot. 1st time it went to the loading screen but no further - subsequent attempts got me either to a BSOD while running startup recovery or locked before then on a checksum error.
      Last edited by mharwood; 12-05-2010, 12:51 AM.

Comment

If your mobo uses the intel P55 chipset and NEC USB 3.0 feature?

May not be related but refer:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7010

or more briefly can you

set the BIOS, "Integrated Peripherals" page, "Onboard USB 3.0 Controller" option to <DISABLED>

and probably rest other timings to a neutral setting while your at it.

Sorry if it's a waste of time. Only take 3 mins.

I'm starting to feel like a parrot until someone says it helps or not!

Comment

Tradesman reply

Tradesman, here are my settings - some manual and some auto:

cpu: i7-860
          Manually set:
          tcl: 9
          trcd:9
          trp:9
          tras: 24
          Auto settings:
          trrd:4
          tRFC: 107
          twr: 10
          trtp:7
          tfaw: 20

timing mode- Manually set:
          2n
          auto setting:
          cpu voltage mode: offset
          1.168v
          dram voltage:1.55

Comment

Might try MikeH's suggestion above, in the meantime I've got to run for a bit but will check your settings when I get back early this afternoon and get back to you.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

@Mike H

My version of the P55 doesn't have USB 3.0 support onboard, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try mikeh's suggestion even though I don't think it will help. As stated in my first post, my system appears stable with 1 4gig stick. The problem occurs when both 4gig sticks are installed. Aslo MikeH has a gigabyte board and asus has their usb 3 and sata 6gb/s set up different from other manufacturers from what I understand.
                Anyway I'm no expert - first time builder- I'll disable the usb 3 controller.

Comment

disabled usb 3.0 controller

disabled usb 3.0 and got a bsod while running burnin test ( within 5 minutes ) . Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Comment

As I have also said to another, I apologise for any feelings of false hope I may have caused.

I did point out, if this problem existed in your pc it could be simply proven, in 5 minutes, by:
                    1). Run Win7 Memory Diagnostic look for "Hardware problem exists" within 20 seconds.
                    2). <disable> USB3.0 controller in bios
                    3). Run Win7 Memory Diagnostic look for "Hardware problem exists" within 20 seconds. If the message disappeared then the USB3.0 issue was relevant to your situation. If the message "Hardware problem exists" still arises, the pc may have more than one issue and this may still be relevant.

To be fair, I suggested a possible fix for a memory management issue relating to USB3.0. I would never suggest this fix would solve all problems the pc may have and possible also causing a failure on Prime95 and burnin tests. Those tests, by nature, warn of pushing your pc to the point of failure.

Thanks for trying.

Comment

I have an Asus M4A88TD-V EVO mobo and have been encountering very similar problems. The computer ran fine for 3 days initially, then threw memtest errors over 3,000,000. I RMA'ed them, got the new ones in, they worked for about 12 hours and now I'm having trouble. First random reboots, then windows would load and blue screen about 4 seconds after loading.

I reinstalled but upon first boot I got a corrupt registry. Now the windows installation won't even load. My mobo kept posting fine, but now it won't post regularly, and I have no idea why.

The components:

Asus M4A88TD-V Evo Mobo
                      Antec 750 psu
                      G.Skill 2x4 gb 1333 mhz ram
                      AMD Phenom II x6 1055 processor
                      Sapphire 5770 video card

I'm trying to reinstall windows with only 1 stick of RAM installed and see where that gets me. If I finally get this fixed I'll be happy..........but still angry that I've reinstalled windows 4 times in 3 weeks over this.

Comment

Originally posted by mkw87 View Post
                        I have an Asus M4A88TD-V EVO mobo and have been encountering very similar problems. The computer ran fine for 3 days initially, then threw memtest errors over 3,000,000. I RMA'ed them, got the new ones in, they worked for about 12 hours and now I'm having trouble. First random reboots, then windows would load and blue screen about 4 seconds after loading.

I reinstalled but upon first boot I got a corrupt registry. Now the windows installation won't even load. My mobo kept posting fine, but now it won't post regularly, and I have no idea why.

The components:

Asus M4A88TD-V Evo Mobo
                        Antec 750 psu
                        G.Skill 2x4 gb 1333 mhz ram
                        AMD Phenom II x6 1055 processor
                        Sapphire 5770 video card

I'm trying to reinstall windows with only 1 stick of RAM installed and see where that gets me. If I finally get this fixed I'll be happy..........but still angry that I've reinstalled windows 4 times in 3 weeks over this.
                        Sorry for the double post, but windows is re-installed now. Computer won't post with both sticks installed as dual-channel. Doesn't matter if I use the blue or black slots. It will post and run successfully if not in dual channel (1 in blue slot, 1 in black slot). Not sure what is the problem....

Comment

Working...
                        X