Ripjaws vs. vanilla RAM in Intel DH55HC motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws vs. vanilla RAM in Intel DH55HC motherboard

Hi, I'm looking to buy either G.Skill Ripjaws or the regular vanilla variety for my new computer build. Both kinds are on the Computer Memory Test Labs result page for my motherboard.

What exactly are the differences between the two SKUs? Are the heatsinks more efficient on the Ripjaws? Are there any performances gaps between the two (even though they're clocked the same)? The regular G.Skill RAM is $2 cheaper per 2 x 2 GB kit. I'm looking to buy 8 GB (2 x 4 GB), so if one will last longer than the other, I'm in favor of that kit.

G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL on Newegg x 2 @ $54.99 each + FREE shipping = $109.98

G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ on Newegg x 2 @ $52.99 each + FREE shipping = $105.98

And just to be sure, will there be any problems using 4 DIMMs in 4 slots on this motherboard? I had an issue with an old Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 motherboard and 4 x 1 GB Corsair PC2-6400C4 RAM in all four slots until a BIOS update was released.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Spec wise, on paper they look pretty much the same, the Ripjaws use slightly newer, higher quality ICs. Both are good sticks, you'd be happy with either, but I'd go with the Ripjaws.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Will I have any problem with using all of the DIMM slots on this motherboard?

Comment

Should be pretty much run and gun...not real familiar with the Intel BIOS, so possibly might have to make some slight adjustments. If so would guess minor adjustments to voltage and possibly tRFC timing, generally though Intel is pretty good w/ having Auto pick on things.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Are these sticks embeded with the Intel XMP?

Comment

To be honest, I'm not positive, I never use it. With the abundance of DRAM out there and the way the mobo and DRAM makers all implement XMP to their own likings, to me it's just easier to manually set the timings. You can also run the sticks tighter manually.

Tman

Comment

Okay, thanks for your help. I believe I'll go with the Ripjaws after all.

I'm glad I can get same day support with G.Skill.

If I have any problems down the road, I'll be sure to contact you here.

Comment

Great! ...on support...GSkill works Mon through Fri till around 5 PST....lil ole me is here basically on and off about every day....actually, every day, I manage the users for them in addition to helping out with the DRAM side of support.

Tman

Comment

No, these are standard spec DDR3-1333 CL9 modules so they will not have XMP. Only memory above this spec will have XMP.

Although specs are the same, the RipJaws will perform slightly better due to the type of chips used.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X