No announcement yet.

Is it the RAM of the MOBO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@MikeH, No I haven't done anything yet. I will first thing tomorrow though and we'll see what happens. So if I disable it, and it solves my blue screens, then basically I have USB 3.0 for nothing? Doesn't sound like thats an acceptable solution on Gigabyte's end.

Comment

gskill

In my case I don't have any USB3.0 devices. By the time I do, Gigabyte should have released a bios fix.

I have a suspicion Microsoft are some what responsible here as well, because my woes only onset if I enter and leave Win7. I think Win7 is stuffing around with bios cmos settings and causing memory timing problems elsewhere. Hence the erratic nature of the whole picture.

Any way let's wait and see. Cheers.

Comment

Well, Its been a few days since my last update, but that was for good reason. I hadn't obtained a blue screen crash for two full days after disabling USB 3.0 like MikeH suggested. Today, however, I received yet again the dreaded MEMORY_MANAGEMENT blue screen. I was running the RAM at 1333 8-8-8-24 and 1.5v for those two glory days. I upped the voltage to 1.55 directly after today's crash and about an hour later got blue screened again. So the pattern that I'm finding is that the further above 1.5v I set the RAM to, the more blue screens I see. I'm running out of ideas guys...I'm thinking the compatibility chart is my last option, and to get some rated at 1333 1.5v to be on the safe side. Hmmm, I just cant keep doing this, especially when I have big time projects to work on. Thanks for your help so far guys I really do appreciate it!
        Last edited by PenAndPad; 12-10-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Have you tried NB at 1.4

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

@Tradesman, No I had not tried that. After a crash this morning I set it to 1.4 and I guess I'll update how thats working. Thanks

Comment

I'll be in and out over the weekend

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Same Old

Hey guys its been a while since I last posted, but I just wanted to update and get some serious opinions before I make a move. I am still receiving blue screens consistently, once per day, and every error code I get relates to the ram or driver in some way or another. I contacted my motherboard supplier (GIGABYTE) and and explained to them EVERYTHING. The one response I got was to "change the voltages of the ram to its corresponding voltage rating" and if tweaking the ram didn't work to file for an RMA. There is a new version of my MOBO so I'm deciding if it would be worth the effort to send for a new one. What do you think? I've tweaked the voltages to all settings, all speeds, and tweaked the north bridge to 1.4 as was suggested, still no luck. Unfortunately. The only thing I can think of is trying to read my dump files/minidump but I'm not quite sure how to go about doing that. I realize you might not remember the whole situation as it has been quite a long time, but, what would YOU do in my situation? I just want a reliable machine at this point, even if it means spending $50 on "compatible" RAM. Thanks for your help thus far, really.

- Jake

Comment

I'd go for the RMA, if they have a new revision out, then they were having some problems with the old that weren't really correctable via the BIOS

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X