Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM / Asus P7P55D Deluxe / i5-655K => no POST

Hello,

I have 2 sticks of Ripjaws F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM and tried to install them into Asus P7P55D Deluxe.

However, the motherboard will NOT POST. I tried one stick in each slot for all 2 sticks. The motherboard will still not post. I even tried various combination of 2 sticks in the slots. Still no post.

I also tried pushing the MEMOK button, let it run, and reboot. However, after its designated cycles, the DDR LED is a solid red. Still no post.

I also tried clearing the CMOS, pushing MEMOK, but still no post.

Now, I know that the ripjaws are not included in the the Asus Qualified Vendors List. But the motherboard is included in G. Skills qualified motherboard list on G. Skills website.

Is this a question of compatibility with the motherboard?

Or are all 2 sticks of ram DOA?

I don't thing the motherboard is at fault because I tried it with no memory stick and I've got the 3 beeps indicating "no memory". Is this exact ?

Please help.

Thanks

Hub'

I have the same issue with a new -e pro version of your motherboard with the cl7 version of your ram. They worked on my previous -e pro board but won't post on the new one. I have tried the same things as you.

So although it isnt stated on the list for asus it does work fine normally.

Comment

Nobody has a solution ???

Comment

Have either of you tried other sticks in the mobo to check the mobo itself? If it will post with different sticks then probably the sticks otherwise prob the mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the answer : I tried with Kingston stictks and got the same => no POST : I can suppose that the G. Skill memories are not in fault. I'm now going to the P7P55D deluxe forum of Asus.
          Thanks a lot for your help.

Hub'

Comment

Good luck with it, one other thing you might check is to ensure the CPU is seated properly and both sets of power connectors to the mobo are tight - have seen similar problems because of these items

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank to you :
              both sets of power connectors to the mobo are tight ;
              the processor is properly seated ;
              i can't control the processor because i haven't a replacement one;
              Bye

Comment

Might try booting w a single stick and turn off the the USB 3 controller....check the posts by MikeH here in the forums....am going to try and 'borrow' a P55 system from a lady I know to look into these (many, many), P55 problems from the last couple of days. Be back in the PM

Tman

Comment

Thanks for this option, but i can't boot so i can't disable USB3...

Comment

Let me know what you here from ASUS, if you would. If the Kingstons didn't go either, if you have or could borrow a different PSU, you might try that (i.e. it may be bad itself or have a bad cable. Also check that the mobo is firmly attached to the case at all mounting points so no shorts, might even check the CMOS battery, just remebered, a short while ago we had an ASUS that wouldn't POST at all (brand new), had a dead CMOS battery. Will see if I can think of anything else and check back in about 4 hours or so.

Tman

Comment

Hi,

The cmos battery was already tested and is ok. The psu was tested cable after cable and everything is ok. I'm waiting for answer of asus forum but... it require a lot of hours before getting a answer.

Comment

Replace the motherboard, a new one should work better.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for everything.

I come back when i solved my problem, getting a computer in order of state, and give you the final feedback.

I want to thank the G. Skill Company to give us this forum with so prompt answer to our problems.
                          Special thank to Tradesman.

Bye

Hub'

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X