F3-12800CL7D - 4GBRM with ASUS P7P55D-e Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D - 4GBRM with ASUS P7P55D-e Pro

Hi, had a working computer till just over a week ago. The problem was diagnosed as a fault in the motherboard (after 5 months use) so i had the motherboard RMA-ed. I recieved my new board and have reinstalled my components which were all supposed to be still working.

The new board now gets stuck on the Ram LED warning. I tried the MEM Ok button which goes through its sequence then restarts the computer and im still stuck with the LED on.

I have tried with both sticks, single sticks in all the different slot arrangements it says in the manual all with the same outcome. I know last time i had to alter some stuff on the bios settings to recognise the rams correct speed. This time i cannot even get to the point of a bios beep or signal for my screen to display.

Is there anything i need to try or is it a case of finiding if the ram has somehow stopped working in its box or a 2nd RMA of the motherboard?

I would like to add i did try the system with no ram and got the 3 beeps, so it did recognise when a stick had been installed.

Comment

Reset the BIOS, pull out the battery, then put it back in.

With one module at a time, you should be able to POST. If not, either the motherboard is defective or both memory sticks are completely defective. Completely dead sticks are rare, most of the time this is a motherboard issue, but weird since you just replaced it.

Do you have other DDR3 memory you can try or borrow? If that doesn't work either, then you know the mobo is bad.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Do you know if there seems to be a common defect in this line of asus motherboard range? I ask here as it takes 1 week to get a reply from asus telling me to do exactly what i have told them i have done and their forum only gets other people saying they have the same problem and to RMA.

I will take the 2 ram sticks to a local repair shop to test as i dont have spare ram/ know anyone with compatible ram to test my motherboard. If it turns out to be the ram has gone dead how should i go about a warranty repair/replacement? I bought the sticks from Novatech UK and would still like to carry on with the ram as it performs very nicely (obviously while my system was running).

Comment

You could try to borrow any DDR3 from someone to see if it's the mobo, doesn't have to be the same model or speed. Same with the sticks you have, if you know anyone running DDR3, see if you can try your sticks on their mobo.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

There is no common defect with that motherboard series, just once in a while you can have a bad motherboard that just needs to be replaced.

As far as RMA memory, you will need to exchange it through our Taiwan office.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X