F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL with Foxconn Bloodrage GTI-having issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL with Foxconn Bloodrage GTI-having issues

I got this 12gb set for my work PC. I've been running 6gb but kept running out or very low.

I can't get to the BIOS at all when I try to boot with all 3 sticks installed. I can however run any two sticks or any one stick, but I can't get to windows past 1067mhz...according to the information during bootup. When I get into windows however, I see that the speed is in fact higher as you can see in this CPU-Z shot:

I'm sure that all of my problems are due to my inexperience with the bios settings. For the most part, I gave up overclocking years ago and just stick with optimized or "turbo" settings. Auto settings are the reason I have 8 8 8 22 timings. I can only get windows to boot under AUTO ram timings. Once I enable the overclocking settings on my board so I can just get access to my RAM timings, I can't boot up.

Quick system specs:

I was running 6gb of OCZ, but I now have the G-Skill set F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL
    Intel SSD 80gb
    2x 5870 2gb Gigabyte
    700w OCZ Powerstream
    I7 920 @ stock...I have thought of overclocking this because I did manage an 1000mhz overclock on the same CPU, but it's on my PC at home. I've always been a bit leary when it comes to overclocking my work PCs. I'd also need to get myself a Noctua cooler or something as good to ease the stress on my mind.

I'm sure it's something simple that I just haven't thought of, but since I could only find one other person using my motherboard, I decided to make a post. I tried the search for about an hour before posting this.

Thanks!
    Dunii

Load 1 or 2 sticks, set the base timings and voltage manually. Also set CR (Command Rate) to 2 (you are showing it at 1). Boot up, if OK, power down, add the third stick then try booting again. If it lets you get to BIOS confirm your settings (especially CR at 2) and then try booting. While in there also jot down your voltage settings, but think it's CR at 1

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Load 1 or 2 sticks, set the base timings and voltage manually. Also set CR (Command Rate) to 2 (you are showing it at 1). Boot up, if OK, power down, add the third stick then try booting again. If it lets you get to BIOS confirm your settings (especially CR at 2) and then try booting. While in there also jot down your voltage settings, but think it's CR at 1
      If I try to boot up after putting the settings in, I get an auto reboot right before the ram speed and amount would be displayed.
      After the reboot, the first post screen goes by fine, but then I get to a screen that says "AHCI BIOS not installed!! Warning! Over Clock Recovery Occur, System is Running in Safe Mode Now"

I'm wondering if I have a setting wrong somewhere with my CPU or NB.
      CPU target volts are out of range in the voltage picture, but they are set to 1.28125. These are the shots of my settings.
      The only way I can boot to windows is by turning off the "System Turbo" which disables the ability to overclock, adjust voltages, and change ram timings.

Comment

I found out the issue with the error message I was getting. Now I can overclock and boot into windows. I had to disable FoxConn's "overclock recovery" option. I've attached a new CPU-Z shot of the RAM. I still can't get into the BIOS with 3 sticks installed. It hangs at the step before it detects the RAM on post.

Comment

It was the BIOS all along. I updated my BIOS just now and I'm running all 12gb of the set at the specified speed and timings. I'll check for stability with linX and memtest and possibly overclock.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Great, glad to hear it.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X