Bluescreens after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluescreens after upgrade

Model of Motherboard: Asrock P55 Extreme4 (BIOS 1.5)
    Model of Memory: F3-10666CL9S-2GBNS
    Model of CPU: i7 K875 @ 2.93 GHz
    Windows 7 (64 bit)

I had 3 x ram and then decided to buy a fourth one (all of them of the type mentioned above). [The reason was the mobo manual says I needed either two or four rams for enabling dual channeling.] Since I bought the fourth ram I occasionally get blue screens, and windows tells me there are hardware ram faults.

I removed the new ram, and the system worked fine again. Then I removed one of the old rams and replaced it with the new one, and the system worked fine as well. So it seems the problem only occurs when all four slots are in use - regardless which rams I use.

Dows that mean the fourth slot is faulty?
    Any idea how I can solve that problem?

(I'm kind of a computer noob)

Thank you so much!

Could be a slot, could also be the timings and/or voltage. Could you post you BIOS Settings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

This is set manually:

667 MHz DDR3 - 1333
      DRAM Voltage 1.500 V

The rest is set automatically:

tCL = 9
      tRCD = 9
      tRP = 9
      tRAS = 24
      tRFC = 74
      tWR = 10
      tWTR = 5
      tRRD = 4
      tRTR = 5
      tFAW = 20
      CHA RTL = 54
      CHB RTL = 55
      tWL = 7
      RttNom = 20
      RttWr = 120
      PD Exit Mode = Fast
      B2B CAS Delay = Disabled
      Command Rate = Auto
      Enhanced Training = Auto

Comment

Might try raising tRFC to about 82, manually set Command Rate to 2, and/or raise DRAM voltage to 1.55

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tradesman, thanks for your suggestion!

I wasn't able to change tRFC (it's grayed out), but I set Command Rate to 2 and raised the voltage to 1.55 Volt. Now I'll wait if any further errors occur. I will let you know what happens

Again: Thanks!

Comment

What you've done may well be all you need, if CR defaulted to 1, that well could have been the problem

Tman

Comment

Thanks again for your suggestion; my system is much more stable now: There were "just" two blue screens during the last weeks. That's much better - but not completely satisfying.

Is there anything else I can try?

edit: the last blue screen said: "Page Fault in Nonpaged Area"
              Last edited by Just_a_question; 12-23-2010, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Memtest the memory to confirm they are error free. This memory should be plug and play.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X