How to set my G. Skill to 1600MHz??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set my G. Skill to 1600MHz??

Model of Motherboad: ASRock P43DE3 (with BIOS v1.50)

Model of memory: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

Model of CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6700 3.2GHz

my problem is that i can't get the ram to run at 1600MHz, the fact is that the xmp profile value is greyed....

now i can run the memory at 1333MHz without problems, with the timings of the picture
    what timings i must set (except 7-8-7-24) to run the ram at 1600MHz?
    Last edited by jimys_salonika; 11-30-2010, 05:20 PM.

Will have to manually set the speed and will prob have to raise the NB voltage .1 or .15. Otherwise, can try loosening the timings at 1600, or run at 1333 with tighter timings. Haven't tried a setup like this with a E6700, might or might not be able to push it
    Last edited by Tradesman; 11-30-2010, 12:10 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Don't forget to overclock CPU FSB to 1600MHz! If not, it's not going to work. Then just set timings and voltage and you should be good to go.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

yeah, i set the cpu fsb to 400MHz..i also set the timings to 7-8-7-24 (manufacturer's timmings)and the rest on auto and the dram voltage at 1.6 but it's not working....i also set 8-8-8-24 and 9-9-9-24 and the rest on auto, but nothing happens again...

Comment

May have raise the vCore (CPU Voltage) to run at 1600 FSB and will prob need a third party heat sink. With the 6700, may have to settle for 1333 - if so can tighten the timings to get at/near the same performance of 1600 by using a lower CL

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X