• Show
Clear All

• [urgent] Help with new rig- 1090T, msi 890fxa + FLARE ddr3 1800mhz 4gb

Hello everyone,
    I'm building a new rig with these specs:

Phenom II X6 1090T
    MSI 890FXA-GD70
    G.Skill FLARE ddr3 1800 2x2gb

The problem is that i'm a noobie when it comes to overclocking and i'm guessing that the FLARES won't boot right out of the box without fixing the voltage. Correct me if i'm wrong and if not then please please please help me with what to do after i install them (i.e. tweaking NB, latency etc.). It's urgent.

Thanks.

Please, anyone? Come on dudes, nobody knows if I can run the 1800 mhz FLARES by NOT overclocking them?

Comment

Should just have to set the timings, voltage, CR manually.....believe the mobo default is 1333. So you'll want timings at 9-9-9-24, voltage at 1.65 and Command Rate at 2N. Not positive if you'll be able to run at 1800 w/ your CPU at stock, as AMDs have a weak MC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

oh, thank you very much . I don't need to change the speed to 1800 mhz then or if i do, i'll have to oc the proc. as well?

Comment

You'll want to set the timings, voltage, CR and speed manually. Try 1800 first, if you get BSODs, no Post, etc, try dropping speed to 1600 or so till stable, then to get to 1800 will require OCing and/or voltage adjustments. Keep us posted as to what you have as stable, then we could try and help getting to 1800 if need be.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

CPU Host Freuqency should be 225 for DDR3-1800.

Then set memory timings and voltage.

If unstable, tweak the CPU-NB Voltage. Once that is complete, everything should be fine.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X