Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this memory compatible with this motherboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this memory compatible with this motherboard?

Hi, I am currently looking at purchasing the F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL memory and would like to know if it is compatible with an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3.

I looked on gskill.com and asus.com to see if either had each other on a list but niether of them did, so I figured I would ask the experts.

thanks

Should work w/ the board, getting to to 1333 may depend on the CPU. With some CPUs you may need an OC or voltage adjustments. Will also want CR at 2N

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

the cpu is going to be AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition

Will I need to adjust anything to make it run at 1333 with this cpu?

Comment

No, should be plug and play just fine.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have the exact same memory kit and an ASUS M4A87TD Evo motherboard. They are apparently not compatible.

Comment

Sp3ktr3,
            The EVO is a very problematic mobo, it has problems with all kinds, speeds and amounts of DRAM, there are probably more problems with it then any other mobo on the forums, same over at the OCZ forums

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

That is highly unfortunate, I've always liked the quality of Asus motherboards. I bought the F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH kit, which is on the certified memory list for the motherboard, in the hopes that it will resolve the issues I've been having.

Necrophagist, your motherboard is essentially the same one I have with the addition of a video chipset. Unless there is actually a faulty component in my system that I can't identify, then there is a significant chance you may have issues with it. TBH I won't know for sure until I get the new certified memory kit in the next couple days and see if it resolves the issue.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Sp3ktr3 - I just went on newegg and I saw this review by a person that has the M4A87TD Evo and it says it works great,

"Pros: 1. Looks sick!
                2. Same 9-9-9-24 timing as 2GB x 4 Gskill Ram
                3. Did not have to change any settings in Bios. 8 GB of Ram was detected and checked with MemOK! on first attempt.

Cons: I have an Arctic Freezer Pro 64 cooler, and the Ram barely fit under the heat sink fan. Not an issue, just wanted to mention it.

Other Thoughts: I had purchased 4 x 2GB DDR3 1600 Gskill ram initially, which was causing stability issues with my motherboard so I got this Ram as a replacement. If anyone is worried about compatibility issues with the Asus 870 series AM3 motherboards, rest assured that this Ram works flawlessly.

Asus M4A87TD Evo USB3/Sata6
                Phenom II x4 965 BE
                MSI GTX460 1GB
                2 x 4 GB of Gskill Ram
                SSD: 30 GB OCZ Vertex (boot drive), 120GB Vertex2"

so you might have gotten unlucky and received a faulty board.

Im looking forward to hearing if your new kit works.

Comment

It might work fine for you then. They seem confident in its Plug 'n' Play ability, and others seem to be having good luck with it. Mine is checking out okay again with memtest86+, so quite frankly I'm at a loss. Sorry to discourage you from your purchase, I just would hate for others to experience the same level of frustration.

Comment

Working...
                  X