Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASRock 890GM Pro3+F3-12800CL9-4GBRL how many sticks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock 890GM Pro3+F3-12800CL9-4GBRL how many sticks?

I currently have 2 sticks of F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (2x2GB) running DDR3 1600 settings of 9-9-9-24-40-2T and 1.300V on an ASRock 890GM Pro3 mobo and an AMD Athlon II X2 265 Regor 3.3GHz at stock settings. Will this support 2 more sticks of the same memory at the same settings or will it need to be clocked down to DDR3 1333?

Most likely it will need to be downclocked, or you can try boosting the memory controller voltage to see if it can support 8GB.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for your VERY prompt reply!!! After I install the 2 sticks, I'll reply to let you know what settings worked.

Comment

They're in ...

I slapped in the new sticks and cranked her up without changing a thing just to see what would happen. VOILA!!! They worked fine. Double checked my settings, DRAM voltage is set to AUTO and reports from ASRocks OC Tuner say 1.300 volts! Ran MS performance assesment and got 7.2 rating. Ran PCMark and almost doubled my memory performance score. Just one word ... AWESOME!!!
        Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Fantastic, glad to hear it, Have fun!!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X