Rampage Extreme III and F3-12800CL8T-6gbrm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rampage Extreme III and F3-12800CL8T-6gbrm

i changed my mobo ud9 to r3e but this time sometimes r3e sees my ram 4 gb although it is 6 gb. i turned on xmp profile but it did not solve the problem. can any1 give me the right configuration? thanks by now (cpu : i7 950) (also not all the time it shows 4 gb of 6 gb after a few reset it shows 6gb of 6gb)
    Last edited by IMephisto; 11-20-2010, 12:29 PM.

Have you checked each stick w/ MemTest

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yes i have checked them all. there are no problems. when i try to test 6 gb memtest86 resets the machine. also i installed the memory modules 1 by 1 to all slots. there is no slot problem
      Last edited by IMephisto; 11-21-2010, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Is this with an OC or not ? If so up QPI and IOH voltage a bit... If it happens random, reseat the CPU and don't overtighten the cooler...

Comment

everything is at auto, i am new with these kind of things. what should i do??? what is the correct configuration

Comment

Hope it helps Still running 0704 bios here

Comment

i have BIOS 1102, i am going to use these settings but i cant see now till morning

Comment

i entered the settings but in REF Cycle Time shows 72 in my settings. i changed it to 88 as you did. CPU Temp is 64oC is it normal????

Comment

Nope that temps is not normal, is the fan spinning ? at idle the cpu should be aroudn 35?C or such... I have a suspicion your cooler isn't mounted properly !!

Comment

i have looked at the cooler but seems no problem. it is thightly connected. u can pull it with mobo

Comment

temp decreased to 50-53. i cleaned the thermal grease i think i used so much.

Comment

Tweak the DRAM Voltage and QPI Voltage. If still same problem, send them in for RMA.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

4 gb of 6gb still goes on. do you have another settings???

Comment

It's not just the settings, it can be the CPU or memory connection too, so try reinstalling to see if any of this helps. If not, send them in for replacements to see if the new kit solves the problem.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

no problem with the cpu i reinstalled the cpu also tried rams 1 by 1 they are working. cpu temp is 49-54 but ram temp is 55-60 i think problem is with the rams.

Comment

Working...
                              X