Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GB blue screens

G.Skill,

I am relatively new to building pc's, so please keep that in mind as you help me with this problem.

Currently i have 4 sticks of the above mentioned memory. I have been pouring over your forums and have been unable to find a solution. I went into the bios to up the CPU-NB voltage by .1 as that is a continuing theme with this rams issues, but was unable to find anything that remotely resembled that ANYWHERE in the bios.

The problem is intermittent. Yesterday I had three bluescreens within an hour, today under the same settings i have had zero. I just restarted and switched to XMP profile 1 1333 8-8-8-24
    as i read on another post to do that to and check for stability.

To clarify, my pc is fast enough for any game out there right now. I am not looking to over clock. My main priority is a stable system. If the solution brings stability and speed, all the better.

Since I am new to this I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me ALL the voltage/timing settings for the memory. And if possible help me to locate the CPU-NB voltage. Bios is american megatrends, newest version for my mobo as listed on evga's site (file E657_A72)

Win 7 64
    Intel i7 860 2.8Ghz
    EVGA P55 FTW sli mobo
    8G (4x2) F3-12800CL9D-4GBR G.Skill ripjaws
    Galaxy GeForce 1G gtx 465

Thanks again for the help!

Matt

CPU-NB Voltage is for AMD.

All you need to set is frequency to DDR3-1600, timings 9-9-9-24, voltage 1.50V. XMP should be this, but if not, set it manually and all should be fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes I had a suspicion that was for AMD processors.

The XMP 9 9 9 24 settings are when I have been getting the blue screens. Tho today after i set the timing to 8 8 8 24 @ 1333 I had another during a virus scan. Or i believe i did as I came back upstairs to the windows welcome/sign in screen.

I am going to check individual DIMMS just to be sure, is the memory tester in Win7 sufficient or would you recommend d/l memtest?

Thanks again!

Comment

Either memtest would be fine. Sounds like one module may be defective causing the problem.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I am thinking its a bad module as well. Unfortunately I am unable to tell whether its a bad dimm slot because my mainboard (EVGA P55 FTW) will only read a single module in slot one.

I have been running memtest and switching modules out. Currently I am running the newer pair and while I am obviously not getting the performance out of it, my system is stable.

Games like Age of Conan are running smoothly whereas before it was completely unplayable. I am also happy to report that since switching to just the newer pair I havent had a single bluescreen. While when I was running just the older pair I had a bluescreen within an hour, and AoC would crash just after loading the game world.

I will continue testing the memory, but if I cant narrow the issue down any further, could i send both of the modules back to you for testing so you can figure out which one, or even if both, are bad??

Thanks for your time, and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Matt

Comment

If you have a second kit to use, just send back the older pair for new replacements.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

I did several days ago. Expected delivery was yesterday. I am hoping that there is not a mix-up with my address tho, as the address on my original invoice is no longer valid. I put a note on the invoice and RMA request sheet....but somehow those kinds of problems always seem to find me haha

Comment

If you have the USB 3 controller on your mobo, try turning it off, am off to 'borrow' a P55 system to look into similar problem, back this PM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, ill try to find that in the bios, tho i have been through it a hundred times and that doesnt sound familiar. Tho now tht you mention it, I have had an issue with my usb ports since i bought the mobo. They intermittantly will not load at startup....tho unplugging and replugging the device (mouse, keyboard, speakers) immediately fixes the problem. It seemed a minor gripe to rma a mobo for...since i wouldnt have a home computer for the duration of that process. The issue affects ALL usb ports...even the ones connected to the case...but i am sure it is the mobo since the case was fine on my last rig and all the connections are solid

Comment

No joy on borrowing a P55 to play with till Tues, maybe GSkill will have input Mon

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X