• Gigabyte H55-M rebooting

Hi, just installed a new HTPC system this weekend with the following specs
    Gigabyte H55M-USB3 Rev 2
    i3-530 CPU
    G.SKILL F3-1200CL9D-4GBNQ DDR3-1600 2 x 2GB Kit
    Corsair CMPSU-550VX PSU
    OCZ (OCZSSD2-1VTX60G) Vertex Series SATA II 2.5" 60GB Solid State

I installed the latest bios for the mb.

After installing Win 7 64bit and the Gigabyte drivers, I find my pc rebooting itself frequently. After installing, I would say within an hour it rebooted 3 times.

Is the ram not compatible with the mb? Is there a way I can run a test on the ram to see if there's a problem?

Might want to download and run Memtest on each stick individually, then together. Also check your voltages and base timings, make sure they are right as well as the Command Rate is at 2T or 2N

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Make sure you enable XMP, or manually input memory settings. If problem persists, test each individually to see if one is defective.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I'll need help with the enable XMP and manually input memory settings. I'm not familiar with how to do that.

BTW I think my system seems to be stable now...well for the last 2 days. I noticed that once I uninstalled ET6 my system seems to have stabilized. Previously I would try to start up ET6 but nothing would open up onscreen. Each time I did that, my system would eventually reboot. Now that it's gone, no reboots. I'll keep an eye out on it.

Comment

Today I rebooted my system and it wouldn't boot. AFter a number of tries I got this error onscreen. Not sure if this is due to a memory error. I have my memory set to XMP profile 1 in the BIOS.

The system has experienced boot failures because of overlocking or changes of voltages.

Last settings in BIOS setup may not coincide with current H/W states
          Current cpu speed: 2.53ghz
          current bclk: 133mhz
          current memory speed 1333mhz

I'm definitely not overclocking...well as far as I know. I don't know anything about setting up memory in the BIOS and don't care about overclocking. I just use my pc for watching blu rays and listening to music. Is there anyone here from gskill who can assist me in setting up my memory correctly?
          Last edited by DanielBme; 11-05-2010, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Go into BIOS, set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1600. DRAM Timings should be tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24. DRAM Voltage 1.50V. Once that is complete, everything should be stable. If not, test one at a time with these settings to see if one is defective.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X