My 4gb sticks show up as 2gb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 4gb sticks show up as 2gb

Hi guys, I may be asking some stupid questions, but bear with me... I've never overclocked anything in my life, but I am comfortable with setting up my computers myself...

I ahve now managed to put together a higher-end comp and the thing that baffles me is that the memory sticks I got:
    PC-12800, 8 GB, G.SKILL Ripjaws series, F3-12800CL8D-8GBRM

show up in my BIOS/windows as a total of 4gb .. tried different settings and individually they show up as 2gb sticks... strange.

Also, the mobo recognizes them as 1333 Mhz memory.

I've tried to set the timings and memory clock manually ... (which shows the mem as 1600), but still only 4 gb total.

Tried manually upping the DRAM voltage up to 1.7, but nothing changed...

please help...

the mobo is
    Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5
    AMD Phenom II 1090T x6 proc
    with corsaid 850w PSU

thanks in advance for all help!

Reseat the memory, make sure it is firmly inserted.

What slots do you have them installed in?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hey,

I've tried all combinations... with either one stick or both,... ended returning them to the shop - turns out they have a wrong declaration on them - it appears that they really are 2gb sticks instead of 4gb that was printed on them,... hrmmm

got replacement ones and they work just fine

Comment

What OS are you running? If it's 32bit, it won't see more than 4GB, and will only prob use 3.25GB or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X