Clear All

• Problems with F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM RAM

I have a new build that I put together last month. Here are the specs

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz
    Mobo: ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
    RAM: F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM 4 gb at 1333 mhz
    Video Card: GIGABYTE GV-R577SO-1GD Radeon HD 5770
    PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W

In the BIOS, I manually set the 8-8-8-24-2T timings and also set the voltage to 1.5 volts.

I started having problems a few weeks ago. I was playing starcraft II, and the game continually crashed despite my attempts at reinstalling the game completely and also updating as many drivers as I could. The disk worked fine on my previous computer, so I do not think it's related to the disk itself. I tried to run prime95, and it failed instantly, so I ran memtest86+, which also failed. I switched the memory to the other set of DIMM slots, and I was able to get prime95 stable for ~2 hours and memtest86+ to make it through two passes. I figured the DIMM slots were bad, which sucks, but I could live with it.

However, yesterday, I started to get the same crashing problems during SCII. I reran memtest, and it failed within ten minutes. Does this mean the RAM is bad, or is it possible I need to edit more settings in my BIOS. FWIW, I've never had a BSOD, and the system runs flawlessly except when running SCII. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Test one stick at a time to see if the problem lies within a module.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Try re-seating your heat sink on your processor. I recently had that same set of ram sticks on my Asus M4A88TD-V work for 3 days then go nuts throwing blue screens, hard locks, etc. I have an x6 1055T, but the same problem can occur with any similar processor.

Hope that fixes it for you, I was going nuts with mine.

Comment

Could you post your BIOS settings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X