No announcement yet.

12 Gb of RAM in MSI XPOWER BIG BANG XPOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next week try a 1600Mhz 3x4GB kit to see if we are lucky ...

Thank You very much wevsspot and receive my best regards

Comment

Originally posted by Ranxerox View Post
      The next week try a 1600Mhz 3x4GB kit to see if we are lucky ...

Thank You very much wevsspot and receive my best regards
      I think that is a very wise decision!

Unless you're doing memory intensive computing you'll never notice the difference between DDR3 16000 and DDR3 2000 in day to day computing tasks. What is important is stability and capacity. 12Gb of DDR3 1600 should get you through anything you can throw at it.
      MSI Big Bang xPower x58
      Intel i7 950
      GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
      Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
      OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
      WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
      WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
      Corsair TX950W
      Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Thanks for the support wevsspot... We needed advice because with 2000 Mhz have always had problems.

Recive my best regards

EDIT:
        Bad lucky Wevspot . We have tested the kit in 1600 and does the same error.
        In the end I am left with one kit of 3x2-2000 Mhz pending new BIOS and new memories.

Receive my best regards
        Last edited by Ranxerox; 10-22-2010, 07:33 AM. Reason: bad lucky

Comment

Oh no no no, trust me, I tested these yesterday, 6-9-6-24 was naked-eye much noticeably faster than 9-9-9-24. I'm sure 8-8-8-24 would not compare either. If it did, we wouldn't be able to price it higher than 8-8-8-24 memory. The DDR3-2000 CL6 kits are using the best chips on the market. They are worth the $. Check out other brand 8-8-8-24, it is probably the same price as this 6-9-6-24 kit. So it is a no brainer, and that's probably why they go out so fast.

Don't forget we under rate our memory, so actual results may be better than stated, especially after you burn them in. tRCD can drop with a little little more voltage or no problem at DDR3-1940 based on my testing. These are new design chips, so although tRCD is high, performance is still very good.

Without a cooler, you should be fine as long as the case is not HOT inside. But if overclocking, I would suggest using the cooler to keep DRAM temps down at all times.

Some action! =D

Comparison!:

Dominator GTs, CPU slightly clocked higher, but latency is still much higher and copy speed much lower than our new CL6 kit
          Compare to our Perfect Storm CL8 @ DDR3-2200, pretty much matching it but 200MHz less! CPU is also clocked higher..

We only go forward in technology.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH
          Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 10-22-2010, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the support GSKILL TECH and wevspot
            For the moment I have one kit F3-16000CL6T-6GBPID (2GBx3) and my computer technician informed me for future expansion will have memory and BIOS

I sincerely appreciate Your behavior.

If you are interested to photograph the six GB BIOS tell me and I'll do

Receive my best regards

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
              Oh no no no, trust me, I tested these yesterday, 6-9-6-24 was naked-eye much noticeably faster than 9-9-9-24. I'm sure 8-8-8-24 would not compare either. If it did, we wouldn't be able to price it higher than 8-8-8-24 memory. The DDR3-2000 CL6 kits are using the best chips on the market. They are worth the $. Check out other brand 8-8-8-24, it is probably the same price as this 6-9-6-24 kit. So it is a no brainer, and that's probably why they go out so fast.

Don't forget we under rate our memory, so actual results may be better than stated, especially after you burn them in. tRCD can drop with a little little more voltage or no problem at DDR3-1940 based on my testing. These are new design chips, so although tRCD is high, performance is still very good.

Without a cooler, you should be fine as long as the case is not HOT inside. But if overclocking, I would suggest using the cooler to keep DRAM temps down at all times.

Some action! =D

Comparison!:

Dominator GTs, CPU slightly clocked higher, but latency is still much higher and copy speed much lower than our new CL6 kit
              Compare to our Perfect Storm CL8 @ DDR3-2200, pretty much matching it but 200MHz less! CPU is also clocked higher..

We only go forward in technology.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH
              I have noticed on that first screenshot you are running PCH core on 1.16v instead of default 1.05v.

Comment

Ranxerox,

Please accept my apologies for getting off track from your original problem of not being able to run 12Gb of even the DDR3 1600 speed memory. Can you please give us an update on your current status and let us see if we can help you out.

Kind regards,

JW
                MSI Big Bang xPower x58
                Intel i7 950
                GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
                Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
                OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
                WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
                WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
                Corsair TX950W
                Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Thank You wevspot
                  Tomorrow I get the PC. Has only one KIT F3-6GBPID 16000CL6T (2GBx3)

I will register the motherboard, and discuss my problem with the 12 GB to see if they take new BIOS with MSI

My technician did the test with the memory [RL] F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL (4Gx3) and still did not work ... 10 times switch off 1 time

Receive my best regards

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                    INSIDER INFO: In case anyone want to know, 6 kits of F3-16000CL6T-6GBPID going to NewEgg. These are impossible to find, RARE kits, so get them if you want them ASAP! Many people are waiting for these, but only 6 or less people will get them this month! =D The people that want to know this info probably won't even see this post. haha

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Only one kit left at Newegg now.
                    (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231374)

Found 10 Kits in stock over at MemoryC in Ireland here:
                    http://www.memoryc.com/computermemor...ncetriple.html MemoryC will ship to the US. They also properly strip out the VAT is US bound orders. Their international shipping to the EU and outside the EU to the US is very reasonable.

BTW, F3-16000CL6T-6GBPID kit run cool as compared to some equivalents from Muskin and Corsair. Outside of Corsair or a custom, these kits have my favorite heatsinks of just about any memory maker. Muskin heatsinks are crappy IMO, Even the new Blackline heatsinks are terrible in comparison because the simply fall off after a few insertions. Your memory will stay cool at the rated speed with even the slightest airflow.

Currently installed in:
                    EVGA SR-2
                    ASUS Rampage III
                    ASUS Rampage II GENE
                    EVGA SLI LE
                    Last edited by Vectrexer; 11-05-2010, 07:38 PM.

Comment

This memory is very cold and has a nice performance

Comment

I have this PC and I want 12 Gb RAM
                        Corsair Obsidian 800D
                        Intel Core i7-980X Extrem HexaCore 3.33Ghz 12MB-L3 Nehalem-Gulftown 32nM.
                        Corsair H70
                        Corsair HX 1000 W.
                        MSI Big Bang-XPower Intel X58+ICH10R ATX USB3 LGA1366 Triple-DDR3 SATA3 BIOS 1.3
                        6 Gb G.Skill 3x2GB DDR3-2000 F3-16000CL6T-6GBPID +Fan Black 6-9-6-24-2N@1.65V
                        SAPPHIRE HD5970 4GB GDDR5 PCIE
                        G.Skill FM-25S2S-120GBP2 MLC Sandforce MASTER 120G SATA 3Gb/s PHOENIX PRO
                        G.Skill FM-25S2S-60GBP2 MLC Sandforce MASTER 60GB SATA 3Gb/s PHOENIX PRO
                        WD2001FASS
                        Scythe KM03-BK Kaze Master Pro 5.25 Black
                        LG DVDRAM GH20NS10
                        LG BD GGW-H20L
                        3 Display BenQ G2222HDL With ATI Eyefinity
                        Accell B087B-003J
                        Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5500 Laser
                        HD Pro Webcam C910
                        Hp laserjet CM1312 MFP nfi

These memory would work in my motherboard MSI BIG BANG XPOWER?
                        And this memory GSkill PI series 1600 CL7?

Why I can not have 12 Gb with memory-F3-16000CL6T 6GBPID?

Receive my best regards wevsspot and GSKILL TECH
                        Last edited by Ranxerox; 11-26-2010, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I send one question to ustech@gskillusa.com and They answer me this.

You will need to adjust the QPI Voltage to stabilize 12GB. Once you find the proper voltage it should be stable.
                          And I question
                          What should I set voltage range the QPI?
                          and They answer me
                          It should be around 1.30V, but every CPU is slightly different even the same model 980X, so to be precise and not damage anything, please have your tech test the exact stable voltage your CPU needs to operate 12GB at that frequency and timing. This is the only way for a 100% stable system.

Once it is stable, your system should be VERY fast. This is our top triple channel kit right now, the performance can not be reached by any other brand.
                          I think that rather than adjust QPI have to play with the timing.

Receive my best regards
                          Last edited by Ranxerox; 11-29-2010, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Did you set those XMP-2000 timings in BIOS? Timings are pre-determined, where as QPI Voltage depends on your CPU, and is a variable only you will know. This is why you need to test for the stable QPI, we already know timings are 6-9-6-24

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

When I will receive the kit I?ll adjust QPI.
                              In the BIOS It marks the XMP 1992 MHz

If I?ll have problems with two kits I will Change to Asus Rampage III Extreme
                              My Tech thinks I have bad processor

Receive my best regards GSKILL TECH
                              Last edited by Ranxerox; 12-02-2010, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X