Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Gb of RAM in MSI XPOWER BIG BANG XPOWER

Hello everybody

I want 12 Gb of RAM in one Motherboard MSI BIG BANG XPOWER.
    My CPU is I7-980X.

I would like ram of 2000 Mhz.

If You can help me I am very pleased.

My Hardware is it

Corsair Obsidian 800D
    Intel Core i7-980X Extrem HexaCore 3.33Ghz 12MB-L3 Nehalem-Gulftown 32nM.
    Corsair H70
    Corsair HX 1000 W.
    MSI Big Bang-XPower Intel X58+ICH10R ATX USB3 LGA1366 Triple-DDR3 SATA3

SAPPHIRE HD5970 4GB GDDR5 PCIE
    G.Skill FM-25S2S-100GBP1 MLC Sandforce MASTER 100G SATA 3Gb/s PHOENIX 2.5??
    G.Skill FM-25S2S-60GBP2 MLC Sandforce MASTER 60GB SATA 3Gb/s PHOENIX PRO
    WD2001FASS
    Scythe KM03-BK Kaze Master Pro 5.25 Black
    LG DVDRAM GH20NS10
    LG BD GGW-H20L
    3 Display BenQ G2222HDL With ATI Eyefinity
    Accell B087B-003J
    Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5500 Laser
    HD Pro Webcam C910

Receive my best regards
    Last edited by Ranxerox; 10-19-2010, 06:47 AM.

12Gb at DDR3 2000 speeds might be a challenge.................. But I think we are up to it

Are you asking for specific advise on a purchasing decision?
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Are you in US? It may be difficult to find 12GB DDR3-2000 kit.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=gskill%2012gb

That is the latest kit we have, but out of stock of course. These high GB performance kits sell very fast.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank You GSKILL and wevsspot
        I was tihink in 2 kit F3-16000CL6T-6GBPID (2GBx3) http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=279

I had trouble with G.SKILL Trident+ Turbulence II 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 in one Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 but if there is no choice I will buy that kit 4 GB.

Thank You very much and receive my best regards

Comment

Hope that all goes well. And I also hope that you don't mind fiddling around in the BIOS to get this setup working. It's doable, but it certainly won't be plug-n-play.

I know you have your heart set on the DDR3 2000 stuff, but IMHO you'd be better served with 12Gb of DDR3 1600 that won't be such a pain in the **** to set up. With 12Gb you'll never notice the difference between the two frequencies.

Just my two cents worth, but I certainly wish you the best. Keep us posted on how it all works out for you.

Regards,
          MSI Big Bang xPower x58
          Intel i7 950
          GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
          Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
          Corsair TX950W

Comment

Only works with one KIT 6 Gb G. Skill 3x2GB DDR3-2000 F3-16000CL6T-6GBPID + Fan Black 6-9-6-24-2N@1.65V
            With Two Kits the PC is switched on and off randomly until it makes a Clear CMOS when you turn it off.

When I?ll have in home I?ll post the BIOS

I tried Trident + G. SKILL 12GB Turbulence II (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 but does the same ... switched on and off randomly.

I'm finally with 6 Gb.

Receive my best regards wevsspot and GSKILL

Comment

You need to increase QPI Voltage to support more memory + high frequency. Switch on and off randomly typically is not enough power somewhere..

INSIDER INFO: In case anyone want to know, 6 kits of F3-16000CL6T-6GBPID going to NewEgg. These are impossible to find, RARE kits, so get them if you want them ASAP! Many people are waiting for these, but only 6 or less people will get them this month! =D The people that want to know this info probably won't even see this post. haha

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

I found a beta bios for my recent MSI. Still seems
                1 motherboard very green, which positions and hopefully tomorrow I'll try and fix everything (apparently not only solve many problems of memory, but also deteccci?n of SSDs)

I Live in Spain so I Can?t Buy in neweeg
                My best regards GSKILLS and wevsspot
                Last edited by Ranxerox; 10-20-2010, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Why does G.Skill sell high performance and high capacity DDR3 memories so rarely? I wanted to buy PerfectStorm F3-16000CL8D-4GBPS but they were out of stock.

Comment

1. It could be based on the manufacturing yield of the chips. Say you have a chip designed to perform at a certain speed and timing - if you used a bell curve and plotted the process output - if everything is going according to plan..................

The majority of those chips would fall in the average range of that bell curve. However, from that manufacturing run you will have some chips that perform much better than the average, and some ships that perform much worse. From there, I'm assuming that GSkill and all other memory mfgs. speed bin those chips and allocate them to certain speed and timing product skus.

2. Another scenario is that they only run small manufacturiing batches of these ultra performance/high capacity memory kits. Knowing that the majority of consumers or builders are going to settle for average or middle of the road performance memory. Supply and demand at it's best. Plus, from the profit standpoint it's better to keep demand above supply so you can improve your price point.
                    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
                    Intel i7 950
                    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
                    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
                    Corsair TX950W

Comment

Perfect Storm is discontinued, so you want to look for other kits with the same specs, DDR3-2000 CL8.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2%20x%202GB%29

Top spec and high GB will always sell fast and out of stock because they are limited. Enthusiasts, overlockers, and such will pick them up ASAP since they are looking for maximum performance.

For example, recently DDR3-2000 CL6 and performance high GB kits are out of stock a lot because we can only produce around ten per month; consequently, they disappear almost the same day they are posted. They must pass our high standards and rigorous tests. We will not use chips that barely pass spec just so we can produce more kits to sell. When you purchase our top products, they are not just top of G.Skill, but best of the memory world.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH
                      Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 10-21-2010, 10:23 AM.

Comment

What is your opinion of these memories in a BIG BANG MSI XOWER?
                        http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=262

Receive my best regards GSKILL and webspot

Comment

Thanks for answering my Question, GSKILL TECH.

What I see disappointing about F3-16000CL6D-4GBPIS, is it's high tRCD - 9. In my opinion, 8-8-8-24 is better performance than 6-9-6-24. And If I install this memory kit without cooler, will it affect on performance or lifecycle?

Comment

If you go with the 2Gbx6 kit I would definitely invest in a ram cooler. You're going to have almost nill air movement between the modules otherwise. It doesn't have to be a real expensive cooler, just one that will get some air moving in there. The inexpensive GSkill RAM cooler is pretty awesome (I use one myself) and it does cover all six dimm slots.

Here it is;
                            http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835236001

And, in fact it's so great that it's out of stock You may be able to find it somewhere else other than NewEgg though.
                            MSI Big Bang xPower x58
                            Intel i7 950
                            GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
                            Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
                            Corsair TX950W

Comment

If you are going to purchase the 2Gbx6 kit I'd definitely invest in a RAM cooler, otherwise you're going to have nill air movement around those modules with all six dimm slots populated.

Even an inexpensive cooler like this Gskill would work;
                              http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835236001

I use one of those myself and it does cover all six dimm slots. Unfortunately NewEgg is out of stock and they say it's been discontinued. However, you might be able to find one somewhere else.

I hope all of this works out for you because I really believe it's going to be a booger trying to get 12Gb of any DDR3 2000 running at it's rated speed and timing without a lot of trial and error.

Sorry for the double post - I thought I had lost the original when I used my back button
                              MSI Big Bang xPower x58
                              Intel i7 950
                              GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
                              Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
                              Corsair TX950W

Comment

Working...
                              X