posible rma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• posible rma?

hi people, mi name is Alex and i'm from Argentina. hope u guys can help me.
    my rig:
    . Intel I7 920 @ 2.66mhz (stock mhz and cooler, no OC at all)
    . asus p6x58d 0703 bios
    . Corsair HX1000W
    . 3x2 GB DDR3 Gskill Trident 2000 F3-16000CL9-2GBTD (using XMP profile)
    . OCZ XTC Rev. 2 (memory cooler)
    . MSI Ati HD4350
    . Asus Xonar DX
    . WD Caviar black 500gb
    . WIndows 7 Ultimate x64

i have this rig for about 7 months, 2 days ago i started to get BSOD while trying to run LINX. to my surprise after 5 secs i get the bsod (sumping memory to disk). i freaked out, my pc doesn?t what OC is, why i get this error. yesterday i tried to burn a dvd, but a few seconds after commenced burning the dvd again the same bsod memory dumping to disk.
    i asked some friends and they recommended to run MEMTEST for a few hours to see what happend.
    i putted all bios memory settings to AUTO and run MEMTEST 4.1 for 15 hours, and no errors where found.
    i changed the bios memory settings to XMP Profile (2000 mhz and 9-9-9-24) and after 10 minutes i got 38.912 errors.

what i have to do? send my memory to the local dealer where i bought it? should i configure specificaly my bios?

by the way i?m planning to OC my rig till 4.0ghz, in a few days i will have my corsair h70.

thx people for your anwers
    Last edited by 4l1t0x; 10-15-2010, 03:02 PM.

just updated my motherboard bios to the latest one and the problem persists. i have to set memory setting to AUTO in order not to get any bsod

Comment

If you use XMP, you also need to raise QPI/DRAM Voltage. Since this voltage is different from CPU to CPU, you will need to test for the most stable voltage. The i7 920 D0 CPU will typically require around 1.50V-1.60V for DDR3-2000, but I would suggest working your way up in increments.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

i've tried from 1.50v to 1.60v, but still have errors.
        thx

Comment

Has your memory ran flawlessly for 7 months at DDR3 2000 speeds?

If so sudden instability could be an indicator of a bad stick of RAM, cpu onboard memory controller failing at higher operating frequencies or even a power supply going bad.
          MSI Big Bang xPower x58
          Intel i7 950
          GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
          Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
          OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
          WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
          WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
          Corsair TX950W
          Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

in fact, this whole problem came up upon i ran LINX for the first time in my pc.
            i am now using my sticks on AUTO config. i'm planning overclock my i7 920 and i?ll try toconfig my sticks as ddr3 1600 at least with the lower timings possible.
            by the way, which are the best timings for these sticks as ddr3 1600?
            thnx

Comment

Keep the stock voltage at 1600, try 8-8-8-24 CR (Command Rate) at 2 - if that works could try lowering from there i.e. 7-8-8-23 the 7-7-7-22 etc.
              There have been some problems with Linx, it may be setting in a memory area that the BIOS doesn't like, have you tried uninstalling it to see if the problems persist.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X