Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 790FX-GD70 with F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD (2Gx3) Random hang ups

Model of the motherboard: 790FX-GD70
    Model of the memory:F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD (2Gx3)
    Model of the CPU: AMD Phenom II 555
    OS- windows 7 x64 (Same problem on XP and Vista)

Hello, My problem is the computer will work fine for a couple of hours then it will have random program hang ups. Everything but the mouse will lock up. if I let it sit for a little while sometimes it will start working again. I have not adjusted any timings. It is a very annoying problem, I have replaced the Hard disk and RMA'd my video card (ati 5770) but still no change. I understand that the memory I am using has not been tested on amd (didn't realize until after purchase)

Thank you for your time.

Can you tell us what settings are your current RAM set at? You can download a copy of CPU-z and check the Memory tab.

Your CPU will not be able to run stable DDR3-2000, max will be around 1800. Also, what is your power supply?

3 sticks on AMD isn't recommended, maybe you should try with 2 sticks first and see how it goes.

Comment

mrcmtl is correct, running three sticks is detrimental in a couple of ways and AMD is not known for having good MCs. With three sticks it drops you down to single channel memory operations, to run your sticks in native dual channel mode you need to either go 2 or 4 sticks. Another thing might be that while the mobo claims to run up to 2133 DRAM speeds, you need a CPU that can run it also. With your 555 think you might be able to run 1600 with a decent OC and some voltage adjustments (and possibly looser timings on the sticks)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. I removed one stick and I thought it was fixed for about 2 hours then it hung up again. Here are my specs

DRAM Frequency 1333

FSB: DRAM 3:10
        CL 9
        tRCD 9
        tRP 9
        tRAS 24
        tRC 33
        CR 1T

This is really frustrating. Any help is greatly appreciated
        Last edited by Granam73; 09-26-2010, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Try set the command rate to 2T and check what is your voltage on the RAMs in your BIOS.

Comment

Voltage is 1.6

Trying 2T right now fingers crossed

Edit- Still locking up
            Last edited by Granam73; 09-26-2010, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Try two sticks at DDR3-1600
              8-8-8-24
              1.60V
              CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V

Make sure they are installed in the correct slots.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X