F3-12800CLD9-4GBRL & Crosshair IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CLD9-4GBRL & Crosshair IV

I'm running a Crosshair IV and 2x2gb of CLD9-4GBRL Ripjaws. I'm having stability issues at the moment and I've really narrowed it down to possibly bad ram slots on the motherboard or I really have no idea what I'm doing.

*The Mem Ok button on the MB doesn't change anything either*

Was wondering what exact BIOS configs I should be running for this ram.

It would be helpful if you could tell us your current RAM settings. For that you can download a copy of CPU-Z and everything helpful is in the Memory tab.

Comment

What CPU are you running and what type of OC do you have on it?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have a Phenom II x6 1090t black

Current timings are 9-9-9-24 -2T @ 1600

I've gone through several sets of timings, hell even added some XMS3 corsair RAM in there with the same results and have not been able to get anything working. Searched alot online the past few days.

Comment

May need to OC a bit, have you tried the AMD Overdrive package? Can be found here:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/AMD-Over....02_d2152.html

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Put them on the black slots.

Set CPU & NB voltage mode to manual and increase CPU/NB voltage to 1.2V.

Comment

Had them on both sets of slots. Didnt change anything. I've also tried raising my NB voltage even higher then 1.2 *which is stock*

No changes.

Comment

I have the same motherboard but the 1055t not the 1090t.

You may have already tried this, but just to confirm, go into your BIOS, then the Extreme Tweaker menu, then change AI Overclock tuner to D.O.C.P.

You should then get an option below that says something like "DRAM O.C Profile"

The XMP profile should be "profile #1". Select that then go into DRAM Timing Configuration and just confirm that the configuration options are the same as your RAM is specced.....

All you really need to look at in there is the first 4 they should be set as follows

9-9-9-24

Also it can't hurt to check the command rate is set to 2T. That setting is at the bottom.

Go back to the Extreme Tweaker menu and scroll down to "DRAM Voltage" and type in 1.5

Save, reboot, and it should work fine.

Also, use the black slots as I have read somewhere on the ASUS forums they work better for Thubans.

For reference, I have the Crosshair IV, 1055t and 2x2GB F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM running at 8-8-8-24-1T @ 1600Mhz

On a side note, i had extreme stability issues with Corsair ram on this board, changed it out for the G.Skill's and has been fine ever since. Have even OC'd this ram to 1800Mhz at CL8, stable as a house.

Anyway try the above, also have you run memtest on each of the sticks separately?
                Last edited by YZF_R1ch; 09-28-2010, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X