No announcement yet.

Gskill Ripjaw problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tightening the timings on an already unstable setup will make things worse. Alternately you can try small voltage bumps in conjunction with using the factory spec'd timings and speed for your RAM to see if that improves stability.
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Originally posted by wevsspot View Post
      Tightening the timings on an already unstable setup will make things worse. Alternately you can try small voltage bumps in conjunction with using the factory spec'd timings and speed for your RAM to see if that improves stability.
      Thanks for the tip but that is quite vague... this is my first tweaking the bios like that and I have no idea what you are talking about

Comment

Originally posted by astrob0y View Post
        Okay I have the Gigabyta 890GPA-UD3H with AMD Phenom II 965 BE having the same issues with stability, games and browsers crashing intermittently. Stock settings for my Ripjaws are DDR3-1333Mhz @ 9-9-9-24, if I tighten the timing and raise the voltage it should be more stable? I just ran Memtest86+ 4.10 and when I ran it with 4gb (2x2) it gave me about 800 errors, so I decided to run 1 stick at a time to see if one of them were bad but both sticks passed the Memtest separately.. I'm going to have to test out the new settings and then run the memtest again... Been troubleshooting my computer for the past few days.
        Its been about 2 months of pain for me man... I changed my MB, my Hard drive, I paid about 120 $ in '' reparation '' and I'm still not able to use my computer correctly... I'm about to cry man

Comment

What were the results of DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24, and testing individually? No results, I can't help. =/

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Laststand View Post
            Thanks for the tip but that is quite vague... this is my first tweaking the bios like that and I have no idea what you are talking about
            Ok, what I mean is that if................ say you have a kit of RAM spec'd by the mfg. to run DDR3 1600 speeds @ 9-9-9-24 2T settings. If you run Memtest at 9-9-9-24 and you have errors, then attempting to tighten those timings to 8-8-8-24 isn't going to do anything but create more problems.

Basically, what I'm saying is that you need to try and establish a baseline of stability with all of your components at whatever specifications the mfg. states, and then go from there.
            MSI Big Bang xPower x58
            Intel i7 950
            GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
            Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
            Corsair TX950W

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
              What were the results of DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24, and testing individually? No results, I can't help. =/

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH
              Sorry, I had answered just on top of the page here. I wasn't too clear too. I said that I tried but I kept crashing. I even tried with only one ram at a time, same result

Comment

Originally posted by wevsspot View Post
                Ok, what I mean is that if................ say you have a kit of RAM spec'd by the mfg. to run DDR3 1600 speeds @ 9-9-9-24 2T settings. If you run Memtest at 9-9-9-24 and you have errors, then attempting to tighten those timings to 8-8-8-24 isn't going to do anything but create more problems.

Basically, what I'm saying is that you need to try and establish a baseline of stability with all of your components at whatever specifications the mfg. states, and then go from there.
                You are right, I actually had even more problems at 8 8 8 24.

Thing is, I don't know exactly how to establish a baseline of stability with all my components. As I said, I am quite new to this, I am unsure what I should do next concretely

Comment

Alright I am fedup with this, my computer keep crashing all the time and I don't even know what to do. I don't feel like paying some reparation again.

Can anyone tell me what do I have to do to get my ram changed ?

Comment

Hey LS,

It's really simple. Go to the RMA Services section of the forums here and select the country/region you're located in (it's located on the main page of the forum)

Request an RMA, fill out the RMA request and submit to G.Skill. They will issue an RMA, you return your current RAM and they will send out a replacement kit.

Pretty painless except for the downtime.
                    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
                    Intel i7 950
                    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
                    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
                    Corsair TX950W

Comment

Working...
                    X