Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Skill - F3 - 10600CL9S - 2GNT mobo conflict

Dear All,

I recent purchased a pre built PC from a reputable UK firm, and I have some queries as to the RAM/Mobo combination.

The RAM is 8 gb (4 sticks) of F3 - 10600CL9S - 2GBNT

My motherboard is an ASUS P6X58D-E

Unless I am extremely mistaken, the above RAM is not compatible with my Mobo chipset (X58).

I am having a number of stability issues (flickering screen, system often wont boot first time, display crashes frequently), and I am wondering if a lack of compatibility is to blame?

RAM seems fine, have run it through memtest with no errors, just want your thoughts on the potential conflict?

Thanks,

John

Also, if my RAM sticks say 9-9-9-24 but my Mobo has set them to 8-8-8-22, what impact might that be having on my system?

Thanks,

John

Comment

The system will be unstable if set to 8-8-8-22 at DDR3-1333. It can surely cause the flickering, and crashes that you are experiencing. So make sure it is set to 9-9-9-24 1.50V DDR3-1333.

I suggest testing them individually to see if one is defective. Also, you should use 3 or 6 sticks since this motherboard is triple channel.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Further to my earlier message about this problem, the machine has continued to have various weird problems...

The company I bought it from has now gone bust so nothing I can do on that side.

I often find that it will not boot, the fans spin up, and various relays open but no signal comes through the machine and I need to turn it on and off a few times to get some response.

Then, it will boot, but during POST it will say that the overclock has failed and I need to push f1 or f2....

I do not overclock at all though.....

The odd thign is is that in the BIOS, even though I have now set the timings manually (as discussed above), the first information on the top of the BIOS screen shows the first 4 values as 7-7-7-20, even though these first 4 values are manually entered as 9-9-9-24.

a quick save and reboot fixes this, and the machine is normall yok until it is turned off again, although sometimes there is still some screen corruption and video display problems (but normally recoverable, rather than crash inducing).

Has anyone had anything similar happen before, as I am a little baffled.....

I have tested the PSU and it seems fine, and the RAM has passed memtest.............

Comment

Might try looking up the mobo itself and see if there is a BIOS upgrade available

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

BIOS is up to date, and the machine has had issues on various BIOS versions.

Help?!

Comment

Post some pictures of BIOS, I can see if anything is being detected incorrectly.

It is possible that the modules can't work together, so if that is the case, you will need to send them in for RMA and get a triple or dual channel kit that is guaranteed to work together.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X