Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help setting up F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS (4gb ddr3 2000mhz Flare)on x6 1090T + 890fx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that it's defective and doesn't work, but the memory controller embedded in the CPU can not fully support DDR3-1600 CL7. It is more common for older x4 CPUs, but it is possible on the x6 as well. IF you can post pictures of the BIOS I can see if anything is set/detecting incorrectly.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Not that it's defective and doesn't work, but the memory controller embedded in the CPU can not fully support DDR3-1600 CL7. It is more common for older x4 CPUs, but it is possible on the x6 as well. IF you can post pictures of the BIOS I can see if anything is set/detecting incorrectly.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH
      Tried individual sticks on each dimm and no dice on 7-9-7-24 1.65V. On certain dimm slots it would go into boot loop and certain slots bios would reset to default and load up OS. And i also do not understand why even though bios detects as 9-9-9-24 but when i let it load up OS on default CPU-ID shows 9-11-11-24 within OS?

Here are the bios shots.

Last edited by goztepe2002; 07-01-2010, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Try increasing CPU-NB Voltage one tick or +0.05V. Something fishy is going on as this should not happen.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Try increasing CPU-NB Voltage one tick or +0.05V. Something fishy is going on as this should not happen.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH
            Always had the latest mobo and already tried that. Actually, i tried up to 1.20 on cpu-nb and i was not able to post with CL 7 no matter what. Stable on CL 8 but no post on CL 7 with everything else left auto except DDR V1.65.

My last day to return this mobo to newegg.. could it be an issue with the mobo.

Also im not sure if you read my last post. It does detect 9-9-9-24 but when i leave it on auto and boot up CPU-ID shows 9-11-11-24 and also Amd overdrive as well.. Weird.

Comment

Definitely possible, but difficult to nail down. Regarding timings, manually set them since on AUTO they can change to whatever it wants.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Definitely possible, but difficult to nail down. Regarding timings, manually set them since on AUTO they can change to whatever it wants.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH
                I think that i am going to RMA the board. Before G.skill Flares, i had another set of different brand memory and they never ran on CL 7 and had those weird problems with sticks picking and choosing their dimm slots.

Whenever i get the board back if it's still the same problem then i might just RMA these sticks .. i hate trial and error but it just bothers me to pay for all the top of the line stuff and running them in bottom of the barrel speeds.

Comment

Working...
                X