Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help setting up F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS (4gb ddr3 2000mhz Flare)on x6 1090T + 890fx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help setting up F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS (4gb ddr3 2000mhz Flare)on x6 1090T + 890fx

Current system specs

AMD x6 1090T 3.2ghz
    MSI 890fx-Gd70
    G.Skill ddr3 4gb 2000mhz
    Intel x25-m SSD
    Vortec 650watts
    ATI 3870HD Gfx

I've had alot of trouble running my system on a different brand memory due to its being made for i7 (duh) and i made the change to G.Skill's specifically advertised for 1090T memory Flare series.

Besides having to adjust the Dram voltage, memory divider and timing settings to correct specs, is there anything else i need to watch out for ? For example cpu-nb voltage or other settings. I have not built a new rig in years and i am kind of a stranger to newer technologies. I know that in order to run this ram at 2000mhz i have to overclock certain things in bios.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Max memory multi is 8X, so by adjusting the ratio, your max is DDR3-1600. From here, you will need to increase CPU FSB from 200 to 250 for DDR3-2000. (250 x 8 = 2000)

As you do this, you will need to find the sufficient voltages for CPU-NB Voltage and such so that the CPU can fully support this memory frequency.

As far as memory settings, they should be set to what is stated on the memory or memory packaging.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Max memory multi is 8X, so by adjusting the ratio, your max is DDR3-1600. From here, you will need to increase CPU FSB from 200 to 250 for DDR3-2000. (250 x 8 = 2000)

As you do this, you will need to find the sufficient voltages for CPU-NB Voltage and such so that the CPU can fully support this memory frequency.

As far as memory settings, they should be set to what is stated on the memory or memory packaging.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH
      Thanks for your response. I still can't seem to get this memory to run above 1600mhz. Tried various different voltage for cpu-nb from 1.2 to 1.35 and no luck. Anything above 1600 and timings other than 9-9-9-24 results in no post.

There are various other voltage options such as CPU DDR-PHY, DDR Vref, DDR VTT.

Anymore recommendations ?

Comment

Make sure the command rate is set to 2, not 1. Also try increasing the HTT voltage to around 1.25v.

Comment

What slots do you have them installed in?

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

What slots do you have them installed in?

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH
            Dimm1&2. If i move one of the sticks to dimm 3 or 4 then it runs in single band.

Comment

If 1 & 2 is dual channel, 3 & 4 should be dual channel as well. They should be in same colored slots.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

If 1 & 2 is dual channel, 3 & 4 should be dual channel as well. They should be in same colored slots.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH
                Yes they are in same colored slots. I was able to run my system at 1333 at 6-7-6-20 @1.65v . I ran no tests to verify its stability however i would really like to run this memory at least on 1600 with tighter timings or 1800 with advertised timings since everyone keeps repeating its very tricky to get AM3s to run a 2000mhz memory. What would you suggest ?

Comment

Try slots 3 and 4, some motherboards can not operate above DDR3-1333 with slots 1 and 2.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Try slots 3 and 4, some motherboards can not operate above DDR3-1333 with slots 1 and 2.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH
                    I tried dimm3&4 and its worse. I had the memory working at 1600 8-10-8-24 far below its operating potential but it won't even post with those settings at dimm3&4.

Do i have to up the voltage of cpu-nb or anything else at 1600 ? because at the rated specs it won't even run at 1333 or 1600 without throwing errors of first 5 min of prime95. I am starting think it might be a flaky mobo or something. I am not even worried about running this at 2000 anymore. As long as i can get it running at 1600 i will be happy.

Comment

Update

I was able to log into OS and browse for few min before it crashed running 1800mhz.

FSB: 225
                      Cpu-nb: 1.20
                      Cpu-nb VDD: 1.15
                      Ht link: 2250
                      DDR V: 1.65

I was not able to able to load up the OS with 1880 but i am sure that will require very precise voltages and higher HT link as i have realized 1090T can't run anything higher than 1600 with stock HT link Frequency and FSB.

As of now i have it running at 1600 8-9-8-24. Shouldn't the ram be able to pull tighter timings ? How can i achieve this ?

Comment

Simply manually set timings lower. You should be able to use rated timings at least. Right now they are much more lax.

Do you have the latest BIOS? Something sure does seem weird.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Simply manually set timings lower. You should be able to use rated timings at least. Right now they are much more lax.

Do you have the latest BIOS? Something sure does seem weird.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH
                          Yes i have the latest bios. I tried setting the timing to 7-9-7-24 @1.65 and i cannot even boot at 1600mhz.

Ran memtest86 for 3 hours no problems. Ran memtest within OS for 7 passes no problems at those lax timings and system seems stable but just cannot run it at 7 CL at 1600

What are the chances of one of the sticks not being able to pull its weight ? I will try the individual sticks at rated timings and update tonight.

Comment

It is possible, but most of the time it is the CPU.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

It is possible, but most of the time it is the CPU.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH
                              You think it might be a flaky one ? Chances of that should be very minimal isn it ? I personally never came across a bad CPU since the last 8-9 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X