Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive problems (Bootissues) with Eco-Ram and Asrock P55 Pro

Hello,

I have massive problems with GSkill F3-12800CL9Q 8 GB Eco-Ram on an Asrock P55 Pro mainboard. The first Ramkit had the notorious "cold boot bug" and was replaced by the trader. I installed a few days ago the second Ramkit and the system didn?t even boot. The bootscreen appears and it said "8 GB tested and ok". Nothing more happened. I wasn?t able to enter the bios or flash-menu. I tried all 4 modules in all Ramslots and the same with only one or two modules - always the same boot error. Booting stucks at checkpoint C3 (Dr. Debug) "Mid POST initialization of chipset register". CMos clearing and removing the battery from mainboard didn?t help. So I went to a PC-Shop, they tested another RAM-Module (Kingston): The system was booting without any errors. Does this support the conclusion that GSkill Eco-Ram is incompatible with Asrocks P55 Pro ??? I tested 2 Ramkits and both times I had massive problems. Any idea to help me ?

My system:

Intel Core i5 750 (not overclocked)
    Asrock P55 Pro (Bios-Version 2.20)
    8 GB GSkill F3-12800CL9Q-8GB ECO-RAM
    ATI HD 5850
    Intel SSD G2-V 40 GB
    Coolermaster SilentPro M 500W
    Windows 7 64bit

Thx in advance.

Enable the XMP Profile and see how that works.

Make sure memory settings are properly configured in BIOS.

DRAM Frequency DDr3-1600
    DRAM Timings tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2
    DRAM Voltage 1.35V

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

As I said there?s no chance to enter bios while Eco-Ram installed. So I can?t activate XMP-Profile. Booting routine stucks at checkpoint C3, only reset helps....

Comment

Not even 1 out of 4 sticks will POST? Is that the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Tested each of the 4 sticks separately and no one POST. Bought meanwhile another pack of Ripjaws F3-10666CL7-4GBRH and the system was booting regularly !! Flashed Bios to latest version 2.30. Tried thereafter again the Eco-Ram and the same booting issue as before Booting stucks @ checkpoint 3C. So in my eyes there?s definitly an incompatibility between Asrock P55 Pro and Eco-Ram. I think I will have to return my Eco-Ramkit to the trader

Any new idea for me ??

Comment

No, besides trying a new kit as the ECO series should not have a problem.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have also recently purchased G.SKILL ECO 4 GB Kit (2Gx2) DDR3 1600 RAM for the Intel 1156 pin motherboard and processor and the exact same thing happens to me. Kingston RAM works perfectly fine but it seems that between the ASROCK P55PRO and G.SKILL ram there is a definite problem between the two.

It seems that the ECO kit does have a problem and should be checked in to. I have never heard of G.SKILL before and so far it has not been a pleasing experience.

Comment

You can contact GSkill about an RMA at rma@gskillusa.com
                They may be able to provide more info when they get back

information on the process can be found here

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

turnaround after they get it in is normally but a few days
                Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 12-07-2010, 03:58 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X