X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4GB-Kit G-Skill PC3-12800U CL9 + MSI 770c45 = Bluescreen

Hi everybody,
    I built up a computer a few days ago.
    The first day everything worked out fine.
    I played games like crysis and mass effect 2 with the highest resolution without any problems. Recently when I surfed the internet a bluescreen came up saying "page fault in nonpaged area" and the pc rebooted. That appeared about 5 times in frequent intervals. After the pc crashed about 5 times everything worked fine for the rest of the day. That appears every single day. It's like the pc need a warm-up-time.
    First I tried to format the harddrive but without success. It still crashed...
    Then I tried it with another harddrive because sometimes the bluescreen also contains something with "page fault in non paged area - ... ntfs.sys".
    It also appeared with the other one...
    Then I tested the ram with Memtest 86+ via boot-cd.
    I checked every single 2gb stick for 24h (50 times pass 0 errors).

My hardware:
    MSI 770c45 AM3
    MSI HD 5770
    BeQuiet Pure Power 430W
    4GB-Kit G-Skill PC3-12800U CL9
    AMD Phenom II X4 925 Box, AM3

I just installed Win 7 and the newest ATI driver for the HD 5xxx Series.
    I think the problem is caused by the G-Skill ram which has a problem with the MSI-Board. I found a thread in a forum where a guy has exactly the same problem with the similar hardware. He doesn't reply to my post so I don't know how or if he solved it.
    There are also members without any problems with the MSI-Board an the G-Skill ram.
    I tried to adjust the voltage from 1.5v up to 2v but nothing changed.
    Also switched from 1T to 2T...
    I really don't know what to do next. The ram is brand new but the shop won't send me another type because Memtest says it's not faulty.

Anyone who has got an idea?
    Thank you in advance!

There's a number of possibilities here and may need more info
    1) Definitely want the CR to stay at 2T
    2) If trying to run the RAM at 1600, that's an OC speed w/ your mobo so are you OCing the CPU?
    3) If not OCing, then will need to raise the voltages in the CPU/MCH and prob the HT
    4) The 430 watt PSU at best is marginal, just based on what you've shown, hardware wise. The 5770 alone, I wouldn't run on less than a 450 (bare minimum) PSU, w/ a 75 watt PCI connector - throw in that an OC is required for 1600 DRAM and I prob wouldn't start with LESS than a 500 Watt PSU.

There's more, but this should get you started.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X