Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I RMA with you or must it be the etailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I RMA with you or must it be the etailer?

Well Im new to the forum but have been a proud owner of Gskill before..F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK.. It was the first time to purchase Your RAM in 2008 and it was for my 780I board. I was nervous about it since I never heard of Gskill before or if it was any good! I read many reviews of the ram above and gave it a try... Not ONCE did I ever have a problem Love the ram. I have now givin that computer to my 5 year old daughter who loves games like her old man lol. I never had a single issue even when overclocking! That is why I never joined the forum since I never had Problem. Well until now..that is the reason I write to you GSkill Tech. I have made the move to X58 using:

Asus P6X58D premium
    I7 930
    GTX 260 core 216
    GSkill F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI
    H2O cooling xspc 120.3 rad, Koolance cpu-340,Ek GPU block

Now to the problem. I ordered the ram listed in the specs and here is the page link..
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231335
    NOwhere does it mention compatiblity..i assumed x58..all must be good!!
    But I get blue screens very often I have tried all setting possible. Right now the ram is running at 1603 mhz since my cpu multi is 20 and bclk is 200 for a 4000 mhz overclock. I was using cpu multi of 21 and bclk of 191 which give the ram 1600 and the ram with stock settings per its stock settings. still blue screens or locks up the system. no matter if its using windows or even playing Bad Company 2. I also found another post in the forums for the same board as mine and same ram and the tech said to set the ram to 777 21 volts to 1.60..post is here http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...p6x58d+premium .. With those settings mt system will not even boot!! So as a last ditch effort to prove the board was ok I used my friends ram which is Corsair and all the same system settings as with my ram ..sorry to mention the name! his ram is here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145289 ram settings are the same 787 which is pretty much the same as ours that I have. At any rate the ram ran perfect..played Bad Company 2 for 3 hours and left the pc on for two days....NEVER got a blue screen or a single system lockup. I still love GSkill I would just like to get stability and performance which i know GSKill offers and HAS! My friend keeps telling me to RMA with newegg and get the same ram as his since HE says Corsair is better!? I believe GSkill to be the same but more affordable to us who need to get as much out of our dollar.
    The new X58 system is much different with no FSB. I am looking and swapping for the newest ram you offer in the 2000 mhz family and under clock it so I will know for sure IT will meet all future needs and stabilty. respond here or private message will be great..Wife wants to know if we have to pay for the shipping if we RMA to you? Thanks in advance..A side note..GSkill DOES have the SKILL at making great ram even if I had this small hiccup..it happens sometime!
    Last edited by GoldenDrako; 05-06-2010, 01:28 PM.

Hey hey, we did not have a hiccup, you did. In addition to the basic memory settings, you will also need to raise QPI/DRAM Voltage to ~1.35V. This should stabilize everything. Another method is enabling the XMP profile, then simply set the QPI/DRAM Voltage.

The memory package is completely compatible and made specifically for that motherboard, so you should not have problems at all.

To answer your question, yes you would need to pay for shipping to us, and we will cover shipping to you.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Side note, we do have skill so we will continue to use it and produce the highest quality and performance memory modules.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

thanks

thanks for the reply!! I have never done a rma before. will there be an option to mention which ram I want to exchange it with and how to pay the difference? Oh I forgot to mention I already had the qpi/dram volts at 1.35. I will check the GSkill site for ram I want to exchange it with so I know which to get..until I get your reply. Which ram would you recomend in the 2000 mhz family. Most likely it will be underclocked to 1913mhz by the mobo settings I am at now.since the mobo only gives option 1563mhz which is set to now. the next option is 1913mhz i believe and I tried that but the ram doesn't like to go that high. I will check out the link you posted for me to rma. but will wait for your reply. Thanks so much! I just cheched the rma link...I understand I need to place a copy of the rma form in the box with ram..but invoice? I assume the purchased invoice but since I purchased from etailer do I still need that in the box as well? and how do I specify the ram to replace these with?
      Last edited by GoldenDrako; 05-04-2010, 06:39 AM.

Comment

In your email to the RMA department, simply let them know which memory package you have and what you want to exchange it for, and they will be able to send you the details.

This is our most popular DDR3-2000 triple channel kit:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-254-_-Product

If the system is underclocked at 1913, increase the BCLK and you should be able to reach 2000. The memory package you currently have can reach DDR3-2000, but you will need to relax timings to 9-9-9-24, and also set QPI/DRAM Voltage to 1.60V to stabilize the memory controller.

Regarding RMA, invoice is not needed, simply complete the information on the RMA Request Form.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

little confused? want to make sure!

when you mention increasing the voltage in your previous post..you said to increase the
          QPI/dram voltage? did you truely mean qpi/dram voltage or the Dram voltage?? I did look at increasing the qpi/dram voltage to 1.5 but in the bios it shows up as red{not blue,pink or yellow} just red so isn't that going into the danger zone for that high of a voltage? if you say its safe then I'll try it. I just wanted to confirm you meant for sure qpi/dram voltage and its safe to go so high? Thanks

Comment

It is safe, and required to operate high memory frequencies. Generally, DDR3-2000 will require 1.60V ( to give you a rough idea).

QPI/DRAM Voltage is the memory controller voltage. The higher the memory frequency, the more voltage it will need to stabilize. On the other hand, the memory voltage always stays the same unless you go beyond the rated specs.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

no go on qpi/dram 1.6v

Well I tried the timings for qpi/dram @ 1.6v with the ram set at 1913mhz {21x191}@1.6 volts as well and will not boot. I really don't want to RMA but I feel I have tried everything!! I just don't know how long it will take for the turn around on the ddr3-2000 ram to be recieved. I really need the PC. Will the RMA take less than 7days..or how does it work as far as timeline? Man this sucks so much..not the ram but to have to do RMA never had to before and dread the unkown when I'll recieve the new ram..Any info and help with this will be great and as always...thanks GSkill Techs!!

Comment

Which memory package are you using? The DDR3-1600 kit may require more voltage to operate DDR3-1913.

As far as RMA, it should take roughly a week to receive them after we have received them.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

back from the grave lol

Ok well as you can see from previous post I can OC the ram. 1st how can I post my pics of bios to show you where I am at now?! I assume imageshack or whatever. want to make sure 1st. I have plenty of air flow on the ram. I have have managed to get the ram stable at 1600mhz but in previous post have been said I can get 2000mhz. please reply F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI

Comment

Imageshack works well for many, so I'd go ahead and use it if your familiar w/ it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X