Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with G SKILL memory

Hello,
    I'm having problem on 'get up' my board.
    The environment is:
    Model of the motherboard: P7H55D-M EVO
    Model of the memory: F312800CL7D-4GB (serial number 000007249209)
    Model of the CPU: INTEL CORE I5 750 2.66GHZ SKT 1156 8MB CACHE

The problem:
    Currently the problem is, when I try to power on the machine it doesn?t display anything on the screen.
    The green led on the left of the board seems to be ok, the red led near the memory slots blinks several times when I press the power button then stops.
    All the cables have been checked and plugged in again, the memory dimms are on the slots a1 and b1.
    The CPU is in place with its own cooler.
    I have no video card since i?m using the onboard vga. I have no ?beep? when I press the button, everything seems to be ok, but it doesn?t show anything.
    I have read the manual, red led blinking seems to be memory problem, but the memory is on the compatibility list.
    Please can you help me.
    Thanks
    Kind regards
    Fernando

Try 1 stick at a time in slot A1 and run memtest to make sure you have good sticks. If both test OK, ensure you have the base sttings, DRAM voltage and Command Rate (2N) input manually. Make sure you have the latest BIOS (also check tRFC which should be either 110 or 127). See what happens and get back to us.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,

I have already try with only 1 dimm, at any slot.

But the problem maintain...I never have saw the BIOS setup. Never saw anythink on the monitor so I can't run any memtest

Any more tips?
      Thanks

Comment

If getting nothing at all, may want to try reseating the CPU, and starting up w/ only CPU, cooler, and DRAM (1 stick in slot 1) installed, with BIOS at defaults. If still nothing, try a different video cable or different monitor or different PSU or different sticks (if you don't have the parts available could check with friends or possible through work to borrow).......if all those fail, you prob have a bad mobo or CPU and could try to use a different CPU or mobo to further narrow it down.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

If nothing else works, you may have to exchange the motherboard.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X