Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the PI F3-12800CL7T-6GBP work best for my ASUS P6T SE mobo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kabigon
    replied
    Thank you for the quick reply! That makes sense. The analogy is perfect. However, I just have some few more questions (pardon my curiosity!)...

1) The model located on NewEgg, G.SKILL PI F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI, is that the same as the G.SKILL PI F3-12800CL7T-6GBP?

2) Does the PI series support the XMP profiles? Can I just enable it and be ready to go, or would I have to manually set the settings in my mobo?

3) Also, out of those 3 series, what is the difference between the three? I noticed the PI was the lowest latency/voltage of them all. Are there any performance differences between the PI versus the Ripjaws? I noticed the PI was slightly more expensive, but money would not be an issue here.
    Last edited by Kabigon; 04-22-2010, 11:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    The PI's would work great. Great performance memory for the price.

Yes, you can run lower frequencies and timings.

Memory that requires a lower voltage simply means it is more efficient. Imagine two light bulbs that produce the same exact brightness. One only consumes 5W, the other needs 10W to produce the same light, which do you want? Less power, better performance, superior in design spec.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• Would the PI F3-12800CL7T-6GBP work best for my ASUS P6T SE mobo?

Hi there.

I was very surprised to see that the G.SKILL series was running at a lower latency (CAS7) and lower voltage (1.5V) as compared to the Corsairs (CAS8 & 1.65V). My friends told me with the lower voltage, the CPU cores would run a little bit cooler as well.

The RAM, however, since it CAN run at higher speeds on a lower voltage, would it also run at DDR3-1066 or DDR3-1333 speeds at even lower voltages (< 1.5V?)?

Also, why is there a difference between RAM voltages and latency for the different G.SKILL RAM series and Corsair series? Is this necessarily a good thing or bad thing? Would having a lower voltage mean less stability during full loads or just that the product is more superior in design?

I have used G.SKILL only once on a branded Dell motherboard a few years ago. The RAM was working effortlessly and still works to this date. Thus, I wish to use G.SKILL again for my current setup.

Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Kabigon; 02-27-2011, 05:48 PM.
Working...
X