Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-MA770T-UPD3P and F3-10666CL7-2GBRH causing video problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA770T-UPD3P and F3-10666CL7-2GBRH causing video problems?

mobo: GA-MA770T-UPD3P 1.0 ver F6B (just updated..previously F2)
    memory: (2x2GB) F3-10666CL7-2GBRH
    cpu: AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE (3.1GHz)
    video: ATI Radeon HD 4850 (newest 10.3 catalyst drivers)

I've posted this problem everywhere..maybe you guys can help me.
    Ever since I built this machine (last September maybe?) I've been having problems with the AMD video driver resetting while running 3D apps. Some days it doesn't happen at all, other days it won't STOP happening. I even had my 4850 RMA'd recently, where it actually tested faulty for some reason or other, but as a stand in card while XFX had mine, I borrowed an NVidia Quadro FX 3700 from my work, and the problem STILL happened (with a few strange variants). I just got a new 4850 sent back to me, and of course I still get problems. I've tried adjusting just about any settings I can think of, including all the catalyst settings, overclocking, underclocking, changing ram/cpu voltage and timings, and anything else I can think of.

Googling the specific error ( that I can't think of, off the top of my head) The video driver AMD has stopped responding and has recovered (or something very close to that) gets a MILLION responses, with practically zero fixes.

But, as of trying multiple video cards, I've concluded it's not the cards fault. I assume I've either got a bad mobo, bad RAM, or I just need the correct timings, etc for it.

Think you guys could help me out?

Oh, and my main OS is Windows 7 but all the exact same problems happen with my dual booted XP setup.

Are you running the RAM with the Command Rate at 1N (or 1T)...if so change it to 2N or 2T (depending on available options. If thats not it, check your tRFC, should be 110 or 127 (again depending on options. Otherwise, it's prob got to do with voltage settings, if you could post your BIOS setting it would help w/ a diagnosis.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It's running at 2T..and my tRFC was previously running at 110 but a friend recommended I change it to 160 so I tried that. I'll post full stats when I get home.

Comment

some info from cpuz..

Type DDR3
        Size 4096 MB
        Channel# Dual
        DC Mode Unganged
        NB Freq 2009.0 MHz

DRAM Frequency 537.8 MHz
        FSB: DRAM 3:8
        CL 8.0
        tRCD 8
        tRP 8
        tRAS 20
        tRC 27
        CR 2T

Timings Table-
        .....................................JEDEC#2...... ..JEDEC#3.....JEDEC#4.....XMP1334
        Frequency......................519MHz...........59 3MHz.......667MHz.......667MHz
        CL..................................7.0........... ......8................9................7
        tRCD..............................8............... .....9................10..............7
        tRP................................8.............. .......9...............10...............7
        tRAS...............................19............. ....22................25..............22
        tRC..................................26........... ......30...............34..............21
        command rate.............................................. .............................2T
        voltage 1.5V for all

I think mainly everything is on my boards default settings...except I think I have it at 1066 instead of 1333 because it froze on the Windows logo screen after i defaulted it this morning. Need any more info let me know.
        Last edited by mb9023; 04-17-2010, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Set the memory to DDR3-1333, 7-7-7-21 timings, and give it another go. Doesn't seem like a memory problem. Try updating the BIOS for the motherboard.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

ok i'll try that...

I did just update my BIOS, but I did do the newest beta version..maybe i'll try going down to the last stable one.

Comment

updated BIOS to newest version, and made settings what you suggested. driver reset happened just a few minutes into a run of 3DMark06. It's gotta be a mobo or PSU problem then I guess..my 500W psu should be more than enough though, the minimum reqs for the card was 450W.

any ideas of how to test these things? i'm at a loss of ideas...

Comment

Unfortunately you can only try another/replace and see if it makes a difference.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

if only i had the money :/ oh well..i can live with it for a while i suppose. thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
                  X