Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biostar TPower X58 and F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD Only 4gb from 6gb

Hi,

okay my problem is when I boot my computer it shows me 6gb but in windows 7 only 4gb! When I reboot my pc, bios also shows me 4gb! Only power off and on is fixing the problem. It is the coldboot bug or just wrong voltage settings? I attached my bios settings so maybe you can see whats wrong.

- SPEC -
    Biostar TPower X58
    Intel Core i7 920
    G.Skill F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD

First thoughts, are you running Win7 32 bit or 64 bit...if it's 32 bit it can only 'see' 4GB. If that's not the problem, then do you have all three sticks in slots 1-3-5 or 2-4-6? Do you have the latest BIOS? Have you tested each stick individually in slot 1 w/ memtest to make sure you don't have a bad stick? May need to raise the CPU and NB voltages to 1.2 or a bit higher.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I am running win7 64bit and i have the latest bios! when i set the dram and uncore frequency to auto it runs smooth and without problems. everytime i first boot up my pc this error occured that only 4gb are shown... after completly shutdown and power on again the bios recognize 6gb and all is working fine! The three sticks are in slots 1-3-5! I tested each stick and no problem.
      Last edited by homedog; 04-11-2010, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Send the memory in for new replacements and the new set should work just fine.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yesterday I received my new set but the problem still exists! So maybe one could check my settings please? I dont really want to RMA again and waiting 1 month for it.

Comment

Please check this list:

http://i4memory.com/ramdetect

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X