Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ and GA-890GPA-UD3H Motherboard

Hi,

Please help me with the correct settings for my F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ RAM on GA-890GPA-UD3H. The computer keeps re-booting with memory_management error and most of the it does not even show the blue screen it simply reboots poof. I have been diligently trying to read as much as possible and tried some settings but no luck.

I have all the screen shots. Please let me know what information I can provide for troubleshooting. I am tired of rebuilding as the computer trashes after multiple BSODs and reboots.

Ganesh

Hi

Please look at the bios screenshots and cpuz screen shots using the following link

If you are unable to see the pictures, then please let me know an e-mail id where I can
    email them.

Thanks
    Ganesh

Comment

ustech@gskillusa.com

Have you set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1600, timings tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2, 1.50V?

Keep me posted on the results.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Yes I do have it set to 9,9,9,24 2T, but I increased the DRAM voltage to 1.605 V and also increased the Northbridge voltage to 1.4v

here are the pictures of my BIOS

http://picasaweb.google.com/Ganesh.Singh/Gskill#

please advice.

Thanks
        ganesh

Comment

Do you have them installed in the white slots?

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Initially I had them installed in white slots as the blue slots were too close to the CPU heatsink. Becuase of constast reboots 2 weeks ago I moved them and currently they are in the blue slots.

Ganesh

Comment

Try the white slots as those should be the initial slots for this motherboard.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks

According to motherboard user manual blue slots are marked ddr3_1 and ddr3_2 and white slots are ddr3_3 and ddr3_4. The manual recommends that if using 2 modules only then i should install the memory in ddr3_1 and ddr3_2. So I guess I have the memory installed in the right slots.

Please let me know as to what other settings should I try?

Thanks
                ganesh

Comment

Reduce the NB Voltage. The only changes you will need to make are the basic memory settings. Try testing each module individually to insure none are defective. You can run memtest to detect any errors.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi

Thanks.

Right now my NB voltage is set to 1.4V. Should I reduce it to the default which is 1.3V or even lower? Please advice.

I ran memtest for 8hrs straight with no errors with both sticks installed. Should I run memtest with one stick installed at a time?

Thanks
                    Ganesh

Comment

Hi

Stupid @#$%^&* Norton Antivirus. I unistalled this dumb software and my computer is running for more than 2 hours without rebooting. I installed Microsoft Security Essentials instead.

CPU-Z now shows
                      DRAM Frequency 803.6 MHZ
                      FSBRAM 1:4
                      CL 9.0 Clocks
                      tRCD 9 clocks
                      tRP 9 Clocks
                      tRAS 24 clocks
                      tRC 33 clocks
                      CR 2T

DRAM Voltage is 1.5V and NB voltage is 1.3 V
                      Thanks
                      Ganesh Singh

COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper SGC-6000-KXN1-GP Black Steel
                      Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
                      AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz RB-C3
                      G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ (2 x 2GB)
                      Sony Optiarc Black 24X
                      Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
                      CORSAIR CMPSU-650HX 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

Comment

THAT'S more like it. =) Glad to hear everything is working just fine now. Enjoy!

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi,
                          I have also a desktop with the mainboard from Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H and 8GB RAM (2 pairs of 2x2MB each) F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ. The CPU is AMD Phenom II x4 945 and OS is Windows 7 64bit.

I bought the two pairs at different times: one in 2010 and the other pair in 2011. I set in Bios the DRAM to 1600 and I let all the other settings with Auto. The system works ok with all 4 sticks but each pair shows different values in Bios and CPU-Z, therefore I am not sure if they run at 1333Mhz or 1600Mhz.
                          The sticks that I bought in 2010 are rated in the SPD tab with the Max Bandwidth PC3-10700 (667MHz) but the ones from 2011 with PC3-12800 (800MHz). Also the JEDEC values are different, the range for the sticks from 2010 is from 457Mhz (#1), 533MHz (#2), 609MHz (#3) to 685MHz (#4) and for the sticks from 2011, there are only three values, 622 MHz (#1), 711Mhz (#2) and 800Mhz (#3).

Other differences according to CPU-Z report:
                          Sticks 2010: Min tRC - 49.00 ns; Min tRFC - 110.00 ns
                          Sticks 2011: Min tRC - 42.50 ns; Min tRFC - 160.13 ns

In the Memory tab, the followings values are shown:
                          - Sticks 2010 (2x2GB): Memory Frequency - 803.6 Mhz (1-4); CL -11.0; tRCD – 11; tRP – 11; tRAS – 29; tRC- 40; CR – 1T; Uncore Frequency – 2009.0 MHz
                          - Sticks 2011 (2x2GB): Memory Frequency – 803.6 Mhz (1-4); CL -9.0; tRCD – 9; tRP – 9; tRAS – 28; tRC- 37; CR – 1T; Uncore Frequency – 2008.8 MHz
                          - All 4 Sticks (4x2GB): Memory Frequency – 803.6 Mhz (1-4); CL -11.0; tRCD – 11; tRP – 11; tRAS – 29; tRC- 40; CR – 1T; Uncore Frequency – 2008.8 MHz

Thinking that there is something wrong with the pair from 2010, I bought last week a new pair but this has similar specs to the one from 2010, although the XMP timings are different:
                          Sticks 2010: 9.0-9-9-25-41-2T @ 818 MHz (1.500 Volts)
                          Sticks 2011: 9.0-9-9-25-35-2T @ 818 MHz (1.500 Volts)
                          Sticks 2012: 9.0-9-9-25-34-2T @ 827 MHz (1.500 Volts)

Any suggestion what to do please?

Thank you!
                          Last edited by Stefanesku; 10-29-2012, 07:01 AM.

Comment

The 945 prob can't carry 4 sticks at 1600, might try 1333 and tighten the timings for a performance increase to near 1600, maybe 8-8-8-24

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I changed the timings but I got a blue screen after using the PC for a few minutes. Do I need to change also other parameters as there are quite a few additional ones? What about the Min tRFC which for a pair is rated with 160.13 ns and for the other one with 110.00 ns?

If I leave the settings in BIOS to 1600 and everything on Auto as it was until now, how can I check in Windows at which exactly speed they run? Does the 803.6 MHz shown in the memory tab in the CPU-Z mean that they are running at 1600? Or this just displays the bios settings for the speed and timings?

Also, is there any issue with the fact that the each pair of sticks has different factory parameters? Like the ones from 2011 which are rated in the CPU-Z as PC3-12800H (800MHz) and the other with PC3-10700 (667MHz).

Comment

Working...
                              X